News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 297
Default Anyone Else Lost Steam to Press On?

It is starting to become more and more difficult for me to sit at my computer and work on my poker websites with all that has happened the last 2 weeks.

Is anyone else having this same difficulty? I'm growing more fond of the idea of selling my sites/domains to whomever will take them and starting over in an other sector. I don't want to, but almost feel that I must now.

When I look at other online avenues it almost sickens me to see the revenue %'s compared to what we make as poker affiliates. They are so much smaller and mostly just one time fees for selling a product I could give a damn about.

Which brings me to my final point. Poker was the one thing I found on the internet that I really felt passionate about selling to people. It is a game I love to play and I promoted it not because I wanted to make a quick buck, but because I enjoyed sharing the game with players from all over the world.

It saddens me to think that now I must toss away all that I have worked towards because certain political figures got their panties in a bunch over playing a few hands of cards on the internet. This country makes me sick some times!

SmackDog
__________________
Vegas Poker 24/7 Leader Board - Earn points while playing in online poker tournaments and ring games at Vegas Poker 24/7! Win cash, prizes and free roll entries for finishing on our monthly leader boards!

Internet Poker Leagues
Online Poker Satellite Center

Smack Dog Poker Championship Series - FREE CASH added to our main events! Two chances to qualify each week for FREE!

PM me for link exchanges!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2007, 03:25 PM
RCNastermind RCNastermind is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42
Default

All this does is motivate me to make a better site and to play more poker. Hopefully everything will work out in the end, but if it doesn't I don't ever want to think me giving up played a part in it.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNastermind
All this does is motivate me to make a better site.


Almost everything I own is tied up on a whole bunch of sites. $2K there $3K there $6K there etc etc. I expect I'll lose at least a good sized chunk of it.
Maybe I've completely shut down in shock and am in major denial, but none of this bothers me much at all. I'm more motivated then ever before, I have two new sites coming online soon that I feel are the best ones I've owned yet and I got a few more planned behind that. I'm working 19 hours then sleeping 5 hours Monday-Friday, and putting in a couple hours a day on the weekend. Mostly because I want to now, I'm so addicted and motivated now then ever before.
There are 6 billion people and only roughly 300 million of them are in the USA.
Another part of me hopes that things do fizzle out in the USA because I believe that if so there will eventually be a “Poker Boom 2”.
The way I look at it now is that no opportunity is lost it’s only been transferred.
My business before poker was lead generation. When I started the internet was smaller and we did direct mail, television ads, and plenty of internet market. I built up a nice size company. Things got real bad when the National Do not Call list came out, then was enforced, then the Can Spam, they whole industry was in panic. We found ways around it and actually ended up making more money than before in the end. Back then I had a lot of money and I bought many of my top competitors. I got a bit greedy though because I though merging with 2 other big companies was a good idea. I ended up owning 30% of a multi million dollar company and then there were problems and disputes between partners. Then we ended up in a real bad spot where we owned 75% of the revenue of a company we had little control over. We ended up losing millions in investments, I seen the company was crashing and launched my own side project which pissed on my partners and ultimately our company went under once a company we were heavily invested in failed.
Anyways I see it all the same, everything is a leaning experience and the only way anyone ever fails is by quitting. I’m not saying moving businesses is failing its not, just keep moving toward the ultimate goal and it is impossible to fail. I personally believe that the opportunity is right here and there will be more opportunity than ever before.
I heard this long speech before and the guy closed with:
“don’t ask for life to be easy,..
ask for life to be worth it”
I think the same applies here, road bumps and mountains and all sort of other obstacles are encountered in most all journeys to success. When it is easy to have success people usually can’t keep the money. It is why most lottery winners go broke in 3 years. There is a growth and learning experience that comes along the way. People who get through these obstacles are ones whose skin thickens and they eventually are motivated by the challenge that appears to be an unmovable obstacle to others. When the journey is complete their skin is rock hard, the mind is ultra sharp, their will has super human strength, their belief and confidence is infallible.
When a person gets to this point they can be glad every time something major happens because they can look over their shoulder and say, I’m going to climb this mountain but I know damn well these suckers behind me are not going to make it : ) lol. This thins the field a lot and creates more opportunities.
__________________
"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." - Napoleon Hill
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2007, 05:23 PM
kdollar kdollar is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 56
Default

Great reply pokerprop. I like your attitude on the whole situation.
__________________
Free Online Poker
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-02-2007, 09:43 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 590
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Quote:
I'm more motivated then ever before,
Me too. Even Though January 2007 has been the worst month for me in financial history, I am determined to improve. Going to ice and CAPEuro reinforced the fact that this is definitely the best industry in the online world to be involved in. I know that it may seem like doom and gloom at the moment with programmes and payment processors pulling out of the US market on a daily basis, however, I am fairly optimistic that things will improve on those fronts, dunno why it's just my gut feeling.

I think there is still a lot of room to diversify in the online poker market, even if the USA market was to be taken out the equation altogether. The European/Asian/Pacific markets are much stronger than you may think, and are growing by the day. When you think about it its a huge population and huge potential, online poker will grow and is growing in these areas.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brainstorming El_Maximo General Poker Affiliate Discussion 226 01-19-2007 04:03 PM
Antigua and Barbuda Press Conference on Monday Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-06-2006 01:03 PM
Lost comission check ?? How does Pokerroom handel epsilionflow PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com 1 05-16-2006 11:41 AM
Press Release ? Help needed. qasper New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 09-07-2005 03:54 PM
Top 5 Mistakes with Press Releases Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-13-2005 09:00 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0