Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 02-01-2007, 04:24 AM
RCNastermind RCNastermind is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 87
Default Anybody Using Squidoo?

EDIT: I seem to have changed my title while spell checking. Don't think I can change it, it's obviously supposed to be squidoo.... I will release my super secret sea life marketing technique at another time.

I heard squidoo was a good way to generate some traffic, so I decided to give it a try. It really is a neat little site. These are my first attempts at making a lens:

http://www.squidoo.com/no-limit-hold-em-strategies/
http://www.squidoo.com/top-10-poker-books/

They have only been up for a few days, but I'm already seeing a decent amount of hits from them. I also started a poker group so feel free to drop by and add your site to the top resources list, or post about your lens in the discussion area.

http://www.squidoo.com/groups/the-rules-of-poker

I think there is a lot of potential here, if some of us get together I think we could do a good job to improve all of our squidoo rankings by linking/ranking/visiting each other's lenses.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker

Last edited by RCNastermind : 02-01-2007 at 04:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 02-02-2007, 11:16 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 374
Default You are going to turn me into a what?

Interesting idea, Ryan....can see the potential.
One question though. Your stategy page says:

"Our goal is to turn you into a formless assassin on the poker tables."

What exactly is a "formless assassin"? I already lost my shape from overeating and lack of exercise....or, are you going to teach me how to
dematerialize and murder people from the "ether"? (Hmm, well, I do have an ethernet connection...)

Anyways, I do enjoy browsing your sites.
But why would you have an ad for the Poker affiliate guy who says he is going to send you 9 poker bots (which do not belong to him) for free and a whole bunch of dvd's and books and tells you you can withdraw your $50 deposit from Party and then just play on the $50 bonus?

I really think you weaken your own credibility by shilling for someone like that. And you do have credibility in my eyes. I can see what you are trying to do with your site.

Oh, well....business is business, I guess.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Got the title for you
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Sign Up
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
RCNastermind RCNastermind is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
"Our goal is to turn you into a formless assassin on the poker tables."

What exactly is a "formless assassin"? I already lost my shape from overeating and lack of exercise....or, are you going to teach me how to
dematerialize and murder people from the "ether"? (Hmm, well, I do have an Ethernet connection...)
A lot of the training sites focus on teaching one specific style (LAG, TAG, ETC). Getting stuck playing one way can cause some trouble for players, so we try to teach a style that mixes all the others together. If you mix it up enough so you become "formless" it really confuses all opponents.

Quote:
Anyways, I do enjoy browsing your sites.
But why would you have an ad for the Poker affiliate guy who says he is going to send you 9 poker bots (which do not belong to him) for free and a whole bunch of dvds and books and tells you you can withdraw your $50 deposit from Party and then just play on the $50 bonus?

I really think you weaken your own credibility by shilling for someone like that. And you do have credibility in my eyes. I can see what you are trying to do with your site.
If you're talking about the squidoo pages, I have no control over what they ads say. I believe squidoo uses Google AdSense. I was kind of disappointed when I saw one of the ads say "I made 16,000 cheating at poker" I wouldn't want someone visiting my page then getting ripped off by one of those guys, but I really don't think there is anything to be done about those Google ads.

If you're talking about my main site I definitely don't have ads of that sort there, I only have poker site ads up. Glad you like the pages though, squidoo seems to be a pretty promising site.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 502
Default

I think you can post affiliate links within your lens at Squidoo. Am I wrong on this?

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 02-02-2007, 01:21 PM
RCNastermind RCNastermind is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPoker.com
I think you can post affiliate links within your lens at Squidoo. Am I wrong on this?

Mark
You can definitely post affiliate links, they even encourage it.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0