Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
DontLook DontLook is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 88
Default Neteller Holders Beware

I am not sure what is up right now. I have to call Neteller to figure this one out but here is what happened.

About a 1 and 1/2 weeks ago I withdrew $370. It still has not gone through but since reading these posts at www.PokerAffiliateWorld.com I have no worried much.


Well today I decided to login to my Neteller account and this is the message I have received.....

An error has been encountered
Your account has been closed.
Please call NETELLER Security at 1-86-NETELLER and press 0 then option 2, or email .
We apologize for any inconvenience.



I am very worried about my cash. Now i cannot even login to check the transaction history? What the hell is this all about.

Neteller first announced this whole not processing US payements to Casino sites by saying this following statement

"
US Member Update

Effective Immediately
Due to recent US legislative changes and events, effective immediately, US members are no longer able to transfer funds to or from any online gambling sites.
All US members will continue to be able to use their NETELLER e-wallet account to safely transfer funds to and from non-gambling merchants and are not required to close their account or withdraw their funds. "



I guess US people CANNOT continue to operate their accounts as usual? Infact were are being locked out and my cash is where? This is no small chuck of change. $370 is pretty significant to me.


Anyone else with this problem?
__________________
Poker Staking Player Staking Internet Poker Leagues Poker Blogs
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 204
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

What did they say when you called them?
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,373
Default

Just logged in no problem.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 01-31-2007, 07:17 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 344
Default

I called them today about pending withdraws and they said everything is fine for US customers and we are just going to have to wait for the requests to be processed since there are so many.

What did they say when you called them?

SmackDog
__________________
Vegas Poker 24/7 Leader Board - Earn points while playing in online poker tournaments and ring games at Vegas Poker 24/7! Win cash, prizes and free roll entries for finishing on our monthly leader boards!

Advertising now available on Smack Dog Poker and Poker Satellite Center. PM me for rates if interested.
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 01-31-2007, 08:28 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 541
Default

Just be grateful it's only $370.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 01-31-2007, 09:50 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 275
Default They have a hair-trigger for security lock downs....

If you try to access your neteller account from a different computer, they will often close it....or if you have tried to use the debit card and make a mistake several times in a row with your password, they will close it.

And, sometimes, when you call them, you will get three different explanations of why they closed the account.

And, sometimes, they will just apologize and tell you it was a mistake on their end.

They really do seem to be more cautious than usual these days.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 AM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 98
Default

I accessed my neteller account from my laptop while I was in London at CAP and they closed my account with a similar message (I guess I'm not supposed to access it from other countries??) Anyway, I just had to call them to get it reopened....
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 02-01-2007, 06:00 AM
DontLook DontLook is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 88
Default

I never tried to access it from any other computer except my own.

I never typed in the password incorrectly more then 1 time in a row.

I am going to be calling them today. I havent called them yet. It was really late over here when I first noticed. I wanted to get some feedback on this issue so I know what to expect when I do call.

I will be posting the results here. Just makes me nervous. My $370 was withdraw so long ago and all of a sudden the account is closed.
__________________
Poker Staking Player Staking Internet Poker Leagues Poker Blogs
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 275
Default made any peer transfers

Apparently they are closing down people who made peer to peer transfers.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 02-01-2007, 10:37 PM
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 246
Default

just found this on 2+2



http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...n_x.htm?csp=34
__________________
The home of small stakes Texas Holdem
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Neteller Information I liked them too Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Cocktail Lounge 0 01-19-2007 04:06 AM
Breaking News - Neteller is Done in U.S. Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 01-17-2007 09:29 PM
Neteller Statement - 10/19 Update ResIpsa General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 10-19-2006 09:29 AM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 08:03 PM
Is this a new neteller scam? email i received? checked neteller and couldnt find info the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 07-15-2006 11:26 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0