| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 01-10-2007, 01:44 PM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,229
|
|
Results of making Digg Homepage
Some of you have Pm'd me or Kyle with querries on what the results of our homepage exposure at Digg was, or how our dummies generator is doing.
To make it easy, I wrote a story about it with a couple graphs. Enjoy, and never forget to keep thinking outside the box.
The Digg Effect
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
 01-10-2007, 02:11 PM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 15
|
|
A very interesting read. Thanks for sharing!!
And congratulations on the ratings and on the backlinks! Well done.
|
 01-10-2007, 10:55 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
|
|
How many ways did you split it 
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
|
 01-11-2007, 01:35 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 188
|
|
Thanks for the article. Always wanted to know the stats from digg. Your server must be a good one as I have seen tons of sites crashed for more then a day from the digg effect.
__________________
Play online poker and get the best poker bonus codes. Find out the top online poke rooms and get daily online poker news.
|
 01-11-2007, 02:20 AM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,229
|
|
I have a kick ass server.....so no worries there. And to answer Adio's question, both Kyle and I orderd a a Russian mail order bride, only $75 a piece.
On a serious note though it is fun working on a content driven site versus a forum driven site. Two totally different animals.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
 01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,229
|
|
Here we go again..........................the generator just made the top story on the homepage of www.collegehumor.com
I love viral marketing. 1300 uniques in the first 15 minutes.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
 01-11-2007, 01:12 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Jeremy
I love viral marketing. 1300 uniques in the first 15 minutes.
|
dam ridiculous lol. nice work
|
 01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
well if you ever decide to exchange links with a shitty resource site, newly promoted to pr4, a measly 2000 uniques a day, let me know
|
 01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
|
|
where did you get the actual generator from if you dont mind me asking?
|
 01-12-2007, 03:58 PM
|
|
The up and comer
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 527
|
|
I think the only problem with the dummies generator is the fact that you're getting TONS of backlinks in a very short time with the EXACT same anchor text.
Google looks at link patterns, and when you all of a sudden get a huge influx of new inbound links, and you're usually only getting 1-2 per day, then this might raise some flags with them.
__________________
JustinGoff.com
NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
November - $12,346 net income
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.
|