
This is a very important topic that affects all of us here at PAW.... nice work in bringing this up Jeremy.
Cookies and affiliate link tracking is a huge concern right now for affiliates in all Internet markets.
The general public is so paranoid about identity theft, hackers, spy ware, pop-ups and cookies invading their computers and privacy that they are increasing privacy setting and downloading protection software like crazy and even IE7, Vista and even so called normal web surfing settings could stop us from getting the commissions that we deserve as hardworking marketers.
This is an especially important issue if you are relatively new to online marketing.
Us old timers have been through this before so we know a bit about it out of necessity. It's a bitch sometimes but technology is changing so fast these days. Obviously.
I'm not saying that the sky is falling...... but you owe it to yourself to keep up with these new developments and make the corrections necessary to your links and maybe even start informing your visitors of the problem if you want to be payed.
You deserve to get payed every penny that you're entitled to for your hard work so stay informed!
Here's a few outside links that discus the issue.
Then comeback here to PAW so we can brainstorm this crap and help each other out.
Some basic concerns about the issue.
http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/to...Terms=,cookies,
This is a very long thread but scroll down to see how huge this problem is to all of us in the affiliate industry.
http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=29898
Post your links and opinions here so we can beat this problem together.
Personally I think the best way to combat this problem is to track everything on your websites.
If you see a link... or program suddenly go south .... then investigate to find out why.
Dave
P.S I was promoting "The Holdem Pirate" poker odds calculator at ClickBank on one of my sites awhile back and making some good coin.... then overnight.... zip conversions.... haven't had time lately to figure why.... anyone else?
P.S.S Just for the record ... I don't hate all Americans.
Just the ones I believe are a bit unethical for posting shock value material on a subject that has nothing to do with their sites content.
And yes there are many unethical Canadians.... even I've done a few things that I'm not exactly proud of like spamming my first poker website on RGP as a new PartyPoker affiliate and getting caught and berated mercilessly by the regulars there ......... very, very embarrassing...... I was being unethical.
Later PAW.
|