Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-21-2006, 04:33 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,334
Default How do AMs feel about the PAW program?

Just wondering, I know there are a lot of AMs who read these posts...some even respond regularly which is REALLY nice to see.

My question for the AMs out there is:

How do you feel about the PAW Affiliate Program? Do you support us sending players this way, or would you rather us send players with OUR links of we are already part of the aff. program directly? Or do you not care as long as we are sending?

Just wanna know the take on this...

As I posted before with the issues with Titan right now, and what I have heard, and with the immediate NEGATIVE feedback when I mentioned the PAW deal from my AM, I am not sure what to think???

Thanks!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is online now
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,132
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Well I can give you a pretty unbiased opinion on this matter from both sides.

First and foremost hats off to Jeremy and the pokernews team. They gave us something that is unmatched. It is a great way to get higher CPA's and have centralized stats. Like any new launch they are going through the trials and tribulations that incur. I can see this in a couple months being a must do for all of you.

From the AM's side I was a bit reluctant to start this deal but knew it was a must have. It is a great way to make sure your product is pushed by the mass. With a new affiliate program like the one I was building, I understood that this is something needed to build the critical mass. Obv I would rather pay the standard CPA to you guys but if I can get you to push my site I will do what is needed.

I will go a bit further. To pay out high CPA's for a start up room is tough, you have to have a lot of capital to sustain the loss. Player values are horrible when you first start so dropping $150-$300 CPA's pretty much guarantees you are going to loss money in the first year at least. But your player base and player value grow parallel. So this is a must to do these (not to mention countless other deals in this industry) to grow your player base.

So its not ideal for AM's but it is very attractive.

As soon as things start meshing with the program and rooms, I think this is going to be incredible.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2006, 07:15 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

OK Brandon. what you are saying is CPA can be a gamble. Maybe on some cases you can hit a goldrush but be stuck on $150 when you could have collected 10k on MGR, but maybe you could have collected $150 & brough in $50 to the site. I always went MGR because it always worked out better, even when I was bringing in some low quality players.... I find it a very short sighted view from the sites considering many dont even accept US players so unlike FT it wont kill them. I doubt the UK will ever let the same senario, its too inbred in our culture
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2006, 07:20 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

to add to this It would have to be really heavy traffic to kill some of these sites off......then they can still griping but within a month of starting out? they already offer friends rates so that can be discounted............ and as Bryan said in a previous post, communication is the killer
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-21-2006, 11:49 PM
pokermac's Avatar
pokermac pokermac is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 131
Default

Jeremy,

What sites are supported by the PAW program?
__________________
_____________________________________________
Mac Poker News, Mac Poker Forums Boot Camp Poker and Parallels Poker
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-22-2006, 04:40 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is online now
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,132
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc
I find it a very short sighted view from the sites considering many dont even accept US players so unlike FT it wont kill them.
As an affiliate, that is the worst mindset. Don't ever expect to get paid a certain amount because it "won't hurt them" When you have 2k affiliates if they all had that mindset it would ruin any program.

Any affiliate that earns that kind of CPA has done it though showing results. They send hundreds of RMP's a quarter to deserve a high CPA. If you send 10 total players a month you can't expect a huge CPA, just like you shouldn't expect a high MGR. You have to prove results to garner a special deal.

Most non US sites go MGR anyways because most deals are rakeback related to the largest producing affiliates (players). So I think that is where the PAW system will work because no matter what you have the mass amount of numbers sent to rooms to except the high CPAs. But if you can produce high traffic of quality players you will get your own special CPA/ MGR anyways.

For this reason I am a HUGE fan of hybrid deals. Everyone is taken care of.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:03 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is online now
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1
How do you feel about the PAW Affiliate Program? Do you support us sending players this way, or would you rather us send players with OUR links of we are already part of the aff. program directly? Or do you not care as long as we are sending?
Online marketing is a lot of trial and error. I have high hopes for the PAW system, but I will have a better opinion after running this for several months.

I would just like to see more affiliates work with us. Whether that is with PAW or with us directly, it does not matter to me at this point.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Marius Marius is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 54
Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via MSN to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius Send a message via Skype™ to Marius
Default

We offer MGR deals also at Pacific and Casino on net if you consider share revenue can be better than CPA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc
OK Brandon. what you are saying is CPA can be a gamble. Maybe on some cases you can hit a goldrush but be stuck on $150 when you could have collected 10k on MGR, but maybe you could have collected $150 & brough in $50 to the site. I always went MGR because it always worked out better, even when I was bringing in some low quality players.... I find it a very short sighted view from the sites considering many dont even accept US players so unlike FT it wont kill them. I doubt the UK will ever let the same senario, its too inbred in our culture
__________________
Marius

P.S. I do not work for PAW anymore. My main work is Pokernews.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please explain the PAW60 program hawker TonyGPoker.com 4 01-28-2007 10:25 PM
Get21Partners Affiliate Program is launched Get21 The Spam Forum 2 12-05-2006 10:48 AM
New Donkit Affiliate Program dbirider The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 11-01-2006 04:28 AM
Ideal Affiliate Program phxpoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 08-10-2006 06:53 PM
New PokerRoom affiliate program AceKicker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 03-22-2005 01:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0