Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-26-2006, 09:12 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,246
Default Battlefield poker stops RAF rakeback

I just got an email from Battlefield poker saying Microgaming was making them stop their refer a friend rakeback program they had.

If they are stopping this for legal concerns wouldn't this mean affiliates are in the same boat?

Later,
R
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2006, 12:13 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 464
Default

No I believe whats finally happening is Microgaming is putting the scrap on rakeback because it was just getting stupid on the Prima network!

I recieved an email from Royal Card Club that made it sound like rakeback on prima was over in the next week.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2006, 09:43 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,574
Default

I have some info, but I'm not allowed to share.
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adioking
I have some info, but I'm not allowed to share.
Real helpful post... Showoff .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2006, 11:18 PM
dbirider's Avatar
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 315
Default

They're still doing rakeback but you can't advertise it anymore. I don't even think you can hint at it, unless you're being really vague. Here's an email I got from from a site on the prima network about rakeback...

Quote:
Dear Affiliate



As you may or may not be aware, there are several changes which have been made in regards to the Microgaming Poker Network (formerly the Prima Poker Network), which directly affect yourself.

The rules are as follows:-

A 30% cap on rakeback across the whole MGS poker network will be in place starting 28 November 2006
No advertising of rakeback will be permitted by any MGS poker room or any of its affiliates by any method or means including (but no limited to) IM, email, phone, forums, blogs, etc
Rakeback can only be offered to a player by you, once that player has deposited real money at your poker room
By 1st February 2007 the maximum amount of rakeback to any player on the MGS network will be 30%. Therefore those players currently with more than 30% will have to be reduced to 30% between 28 November 2006 and 1st February 2007
Effectively, this means that as of the 28th of November no advertising of Rakeback can occur on your sites. If you are communicating to a player, the rakeback promotion can only be mentioned or offered once the player has actually deposited funds. After the 28th of November all players who sign up will only be able to get a maximum of 30% rakeback, but players who are already signed up can remain on their rakeback percentage until 1st of February 2007.



The way that the Rakeback promotion will be setup from the 28th of November will have a default rakeback percentage of 0%. You will have to log into your account to check to see if a player(s) have signed up, and once you can see a deposit for a player, then you can custom set their rakeback up to 30%. If this is done before the player deposits, and it happens to be one of Microgaming's "police" who is checking up on us, or if it is a competitor's site who is doing such, then financial penalties may be incurred.

If Microgaming Poker find that an affiliate is advertising rakeback, they will inform us and if this is not corrected within 24 hours or so, we will be penalised; repeat offenders could run the risk of having their affiliate account closed.



So please update your websites to reflect the changes above, so that we can all avoid financial penalties and keep earning the $$$.



RAF Promotions



If your affiliate account was linked to the RAF (Refer-a-friend) promotion, then please be aware that all player accounts are being converted over to a plain "rakeback" promotion (essentially the same, but with no ability to refer other people or the option of claiming a portion of referred players rake). This is because of new rules which Microgaming Poker Network have enforced. Players will be placed onto the new rakeback promotion at the same rakeback percentage as they were on when they were on the RAF promotion. This is happening currently and should be concluded within 24 hours or so.

Players will have any un-redeemed amount of RAF manually deposited into their account (so they won't miss out on any rakeback due) and your affiliate account will be charged in the same manor for this redeemed rakeback.
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 464
Default

haha, well....that all seems pretty ridiculous, I am even starting to get a little fed up with the own medium that has gotten me anywhere in poker affiliating.

Needless to say..Microgaming or Prima wont be anywhere I my website!

The covert tactics that devolop in the aftermath of a rakeback shutdown are pretty funny.

OH by the way..If I havent mentioned it yet, Rakeshark is relaunching withing the next five days with about 2% emphasis on rakeback and 98% emphasis on everything else that probably will work a helluva lot better.

I think I am going to have two sites I offer rakeback for...until they cut it off anyways!!

I think Prima has always been kind of a joke

Okay I will quite rambling now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,023
Default

Thanks for updating is dibirider .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-29-2006, 03:53 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 603
Default

Is this confirmed for ALL Microgaming poker rooms?

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-29-2006, 08:12 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 464
Default

I don't know if there has been any direct statement from Micro or not. Most rakeback affiliates don't seem to be talking too much about it, so it must not be too big of a deal or something.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Beanie Beanie is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 418
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

I think its possible they don't want everyone to panic. Or they could be trying to figure out a way around the new rules. I know by Feb. 1st everyone needs to be down to 30% and overall I think this is great for their network.

It is the advertising of rakeback that causes the big issues. I can see a need if you are trying to get a person to a new room and want to have rakeback as an incentive that makes sense but advertising rakeback snares everyone and no right minded person is going to leave those dollars on the table.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 03:00 AM
Poker rakeback directory for sale-Very little work - $900+/mo - Fully custom CMS John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 10 12-03-2006 07:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0