Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2006, 07:55 AM
aussiepoker aussiepoker is offline
The Package
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 26
Default Cake Crash

The Cake Poker serves crashed during their cake fight event.

I know a lot of team captains (affiliates) are extreamly pissed as they paid $100 plus all buyins to be apart of the event.

edit: more annoyed because of the time spent organising the teams than anything money related.

I think cake has shown it cannot deal with high traffic, I will not promote them again.
__________________


Last edited by aussiepoker : 11-22-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,559
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

This is not a commen thing for Cake....however I might add they maybe should have scheduled the $1000 freeroll and the Cake Fight on two seperate days. That I believe is the problem is the overload in traffic for the freeroll. I am very sure Chris wll be taking care of it and looking after everyone. I wouldn't stop promoting them because of this. I have seen this happen on the major sites more often than none.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Chris-CakePoker A.M. Chris-CakePoker A.M. is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you Kaus. You are correct that this is not common for us. The bottom line is that until Dell, IBM or Compaq make a computer server that is indestructible sites will go down...... even teampokersense.com. Most team captains were very understanding & realized that this problem was not due to bad software or programming. No one was cheated or lost any money and all payouts were made. In fact the only people to complain were the players & teams who were out of the tournament already. We tried to do something new & fun instead of the same ole, same ole & unfortunately some people acted like their lives are forever ruined. I don't even know if I want to run it again.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-22-2006, 04:29 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,559
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Please do I was hoping to eventually be able to participate if not my own site than a team I have played in the past. I think its a great idea and love the devil games myself. I think if people were to look at all sites in general they would realize this happens everywhere. Lets just say I have been booted from a major site twice this week while playing a buyin....its not a live game...there is always doors left open for complications people need to accept it and adjust to it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-CakePoker A.M.
Thank you Kaus. You are correct that this is not common for us. The bottom line is that until Dell, IBM or Compaq make a computer server that is indestructible sites will go down...... even teampokersense.com.
How much money do you have to spend? HP Non-Stop (aka Tandem) Systems are the most fault tolerant systems. IBM AS/400 are also pretty stable. I know the tandem systems start at a few hundred thousand... not too sure about AS/400 but probably much cheaper. You could definetly load the software to run a poker site on one, but it would be pretty pricey.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Chris-CakePoker A.M. Chris-CakePoker A.M. is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5
Default

Sorry guys, this is not my area of expertise. However I did also discover today that there is a chance that the destroyed server wasn't properly grounded & therefore was vulnerable to a total meltdown. Anyway our new server is in place & ready to be tested with our $2000 freeroll on Thursday, November 22 at 3:00 EST.

Cheers all,
Chris
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Cake Fight - $1000 Affiliate Manager's Prize Chris-CakePoker A.M. General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 11-17-2006 10:26 PM
Cake adds a 'Frist' item to our Cake Shop CakeManager General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-13-2006 06:22 PM
Cake Poker Free Roll! losercore The Spam Forum 4 08-11-2006 09:42 PM
$100 Cake Poker Freeroll xyphlo The Spam Forum 3 08-09-2006 11:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0