Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2006, 11:16 PM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 177
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default Question about the poker ban & new site?

Hi,

I don't remember seeing this, but I probably missed it.

It may be more of an opinion, but once the law actually goes into effect, do you think we will lose all new US players? I know they can play now, but I don't know if they will be able to actually stop US players from playing on the sites that still allow US players.

I ask because I am debating on whether or not to start a new poker affiliate site. As you know, it will take several months to get a good site up and running and I don't want to spend all that time promote to only other countries.

Any thoughts would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:00 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Why would you target america?

Some sites sites still accept so pick the ones that do.

Carry on. If you enjoy it, do it. Just keep ur options open.

They may block ISP's & funding methods.

They may frown against it but allow a decriminalisation policy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2006, 12:14 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

If you look at the poker affiliate industry as a whole nobody has jumped ship yet. A few websites have changed hands and a few affiliates have moved on. But as a whole not much has changed. Although Neteller is accepting US payments. When that stops things will look a little more bleak.

There is no way to tell what well happen for sure. We can only hope that law suites tie this up and/or over rule it. While I have not heard of any actual lawsuites pending; I do belive we will see them soon.

As for now do what you feel is right. I for one am sticking around until the Feds start making waves and actualy shut down US based affiliate web sites. I'm sure I won't be the first so I'll have some warning. Then I may have to look into porn...and I don't mean just look at it...even though that would be fine too because we all know porn is morally better for us than a game of poker right?
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 PM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 177
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default

lol...

Thanks for the responses. I'll let you know what I end up doing.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 08:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0