Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

Hey I'm getting sick of promoting poker all the time, I know I shouldn't give up, but nothing is reinforcing me to keep on promoting! I made a $300 check when I made a bonanza once in January, but I've only made $15 or so since then from MGR. What gives? What I am doing wrong?

Here is all the stuff I currently have tried/do to promote...
Websites: www.duluthpoker.com, www.playwsoponline.com
All have been submitted to 40 search engines
Keywords are niche
Flyers at the Duluth Colleges like crazy
Partnership with Local Spencers (gave out 500+ ads for me so far to poker customers)
Purchased a few months of banner impressions/click on PR2 - PR3 websites
Hosting local charity hold em tourney on campus (handing out tons and tons of flyers and free Card Player Mags)
Have 2 girls doing MySpace accounts for me with my links in them
Getting webmasters to join as subaffiliates under me for Poker Room and Party Poker
"duluthpoker.com" t-shirts
e-mail signature with websites in them
signed up friends for PP
gave 2 people $50 to play PP, both played for about a month or so, havnt seen anything from then in the last 2 weeks (they got me the bonanza $)
Slipped my business cards in books at barnes N noble

So with all that, why am I not doing well???

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You should make your forums so that anyone can access them and they are not password protected. Also have you thought about hosting Duluth World Championship of Online Poker? (private tournament)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 PM
freepp freepp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 117
Default

Have you thought about changing your domain name? duluth poker is not an easy name to remember let alone spell. It's hard to get the word of mouth going when most the people won't be able to spell it, or maybe I'm the only one who has no clue what duluth is. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
RakeRecycle RakeRecycle is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 202
Default

I think that people that live in Duluth could probably venture a guess at the spelling
:P
__________________
I'm the best affiliate ever...Just so you know.

PM me for ideas....[and to sign up under me.]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2005, 06:13 AM
FinRivered FinRivered is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 56
Default

Also do not get frustrated. I know this crazy from a guy who does not have his site up yet. I can tell you from experience in other ventures and sales.

I am predicting if I really make over $20 a month for the first few it is successful to that point. I do not see people flocking to my site and signing up in the first few months. Time is the key.

Anyone when you started out were you making a $100+ a month? Except maybe a few I doubt it. Is it possible? Very much so, but for the majority probably not.

This is not to say you will never get any better, but you are just starting out. Keep the faith.

You are probably doing better then some.

Carl Feathers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2005, 01:48 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 376
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adioking@Apr 20 2005, 04:11 PM
Hey I'm getting sick of promoting poker all the time, I know I shouldn't give up, but nothing is reinforcing me to keep on promoting! I made a $300 check when I made a bonanza once in January, but I've only made $15 or so since then from MGR. What gives? What I am doing wrong?

Here is all the stuff I currently have tried/do to promote...
Websites: www.duluthpoker.com, www.playwsoponline.com
All have been submitted to 40 search engines
Keywords are niche
Flyers at the Duluth Colleges like crazy
Partnership with Local Spencers (gave out 500+ ads for me so far to poker customers)
Purchased a few months of banner impressions/click on PR2 - PR3 websites
Hosting local charity hold em tourney on campus (handing out tons and tons of flyers and free Card Player Mags)
Have 2 girls doing MySpace accounts for me with my links in them
Getting webmasters to join as subaffiliates under me for Poker Room and Party Poker
"duluthpoker.com" t-shirts
e-mail signature with websites in them
signed up friends for PP
gave 2 people $50 to play PP, both played for about a month or so, havnt seen anything from then in the last 2 weeks (they got me the bonanza $)
Slipped my business cards in books at barnes N noble

So with all that, why am I not doing well???

dAn
For some it comes easy for others it does not. Rarely does it come easy.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2005, 01:53 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support! I want to make this work and I'm trying very hard at it! I guess people like my roomates telling me that I'm wasting my time is getting to me.

Jeremy, I'm going to take your advice on that Championship poker tournament. Which website do you suggest I market to do that with... UB?

I decided to write up a new market plan for my site... I'm doing a flash intro (that looks really hot) and I'm putting three words on there... SURF... PLAY...SHOP. When people go to www.duluthpoker.com they will see these three flash options.. SURF will be just like the site I have now, PLAY will bring them directly to download from (some poker site, UB?) and SHOP will bring them to a poker merchandise store I plan on being an affiliate of (any suggestions?). I've seen most stores only give 10% of the sale as their affiliate revenue, do you guys know anybody who gives 20-30%? I saw one that does 20% but I lost the URL

Dan
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-21-2005, 02:28 PM
faydman faydman is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to faydman
Default

what kinda' traffic are you getting (unique visitors per day)?
__________________
Holdem Tips
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2005, 03:28 PM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 487
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

I actually had quick success which has now dried up. In my very first month of promoting PartyPoker (and first promoting as any type of affiliate), I made about $1200 through the CPA plan plus a bonus they were running....Now this month I'll make about $400....and now my advertising source has run out and I don't know what I'm going to do.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2005, 03:59 PM
tuco tuco is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 33
Default

adio.

First thing you should do is get that "partypoker has been cracked" stuff off your page.

How can you expect someone to download party and deposit if they see that pack of lies?

Tuco.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$50K HORSE seat up for grabs.. SunPoker.com SunPoker.com - FocalClick 2 03-30-2007 11:25 AM
One Sick.. SunPoker.com SunPoker.com - FocalClick 8 12-14-2006 04:20 PM
Sick MANSION Sports Bonus, $1100 Bet Free coxquinn The Spam Forum 2 08-27-2006 06:27 PM
I have 4 Great Sites for You To try out for Free Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 30 01-16-2006 08:11 PM
My Discrimination Theory NeverBeg General Poker Affiliate Discussion 21 01-07-2006 03:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0