| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 10-24-2006, 11:09 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 57
|
|
Anyone use Constant Contact?
Hi
Does anyone here use Constant Contact to manage their newsletter sign ups/email list etc?
I did the free trial and it went well so paid my money and today went to send out my latest newsletter. However it was blocked due to 'Prohibited Content' and now my account has been closed before i could get my full email list out of it. I assume poker is now a banned subject there despite the fact that it's perfectly legal in the free world.
Can anyone suggest an alternative if i do manage to get my contact list out of them?
Cheers
Arn
__________________
|
 10-24-2006, 11:39 AM
|
|
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,908
|
|
Hmm...I have used them, and have been very happy. I sent a couple out last week, didn't have any problems...I am scared to try now 
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Sign Up
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
|
 10-24-2006, 11:42 AM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 966
|
|
Check my sig. Been with them for over a year and still getting new subscribers and sending out weekly newsletters with all kinds of content including poker. Zero issues. Ever.
__________________
|
 10-24-2006, 11:52 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 57
|
|
Cheers, I'll take a look into it that one as will be changing whether they let me keep my account or not.
Brandon - I'd urge you to export your email list if you haven't already done so. I'll let you know what their problem is when they finally respond to my emails.
__________________
|
 10-24-2006, 11:53 AM
|
|
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,908
|
|
Would it be easy to migrate my listes from constant to Aweber? I have them in .txt as well.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Sign Up
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
|
 10-24-2006, 12:10 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 117
|
|
I was using them for a long time and was very happy with it; they just recently (a couple weeks ago) kicked me off due to prohibited content.
|
 10-24-2006, 01:10 PM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 57
|
|
Well i've had a reply and it is to do with being in the gambling industry.
Quote:
| Unfortunately, because of unsolicited commercial email and the high number of abuse complaints stemming from your industry, we are no longer able to take on any new betting or gambling related customers. |
They have however refunded my money and allowed me access to my account in order to export my contact list. Looks like i'll be giving Aweber a go.
If you've been with constant contact a while you may be ok but I would still export you contacts ASAP.
Cheers
Arn
__________________
|
 10-24-2006, 06:26 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,524
|
|
What is the difference between AWeber and Constant Contact? Don't they have the same purpose? Which one do you guys like better?
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
|
 10-25-2006, 02:51 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,524
|
|
Too bad too, I just looked into constant contact and they seem like a very nice company. Looks like I'll be signing up under Georgia for AWeber...
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
|
 10-25-2006, 04:00 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 57
|
|
Yeah I was very pleased with the service they provided, good reports and back end stuff on any mailshots sent out too. Shame they've decided not to take people from our industry really.
__________________
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
| Absolute Poker contact |
hoursurfing |
General Poker Affiliate Discussion |
11 |
06-04-2007 09:26 AM |
| FullTilt AM Contact? |
Buddhaseo |
General Poker Affiliate Discussion |
0 |
02-19-2007 03:57 PM |
| Constant Contact |
Prenut |
General Poker Affiliate Discussion |
11 |
09-26-2006 08:16 AM |
| PartyPoker contact |
SuperAffiliate |
General Poker Affiliate Discussion |
7 |
07-14-2006 02:25 PM |
| My Website Was Stolen |
stillshadow |
General Poker Affiliate Discussion |
19 |
09-08-2005 07:17 AM |
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 PM.
|