News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2006, 03:15 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 288
Default Pacific Poker Conversions?

Has anyone had a conversion at Pacific Poker since they banned US players. I've sent them over 100 players and haven't got a single one... I'm thinking I may as well just send AbsolutePoker all my Pacific Poker from now on
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2006, 03:35 AM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 148
Default

me either had 2 the first day of the month, and then that's when word kind of got out.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
*Get $50 for your Poker Bankroll
!* *Want to be a Poker Prop
?*
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2006, 03:52 AM
Bryan Bryan is offline
Ex - Poker Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 290
Default

I'm not accusing Pacific Poker or any site for that matter of cheating, but what would prevent a poker room from just not counting players and saying, "well, that player was a U.S. player so you don't get credit" or just simply not counting them, especially since most players don't have any direct contact with the affiliate unless their part of your community?

Obviously most of us that had a large U.S. presence have seen some type of decline in sign-ups, but I can tell you that I've noticed a few fishy things at a couple rooms and so then had a few friends sign up and deposit via Neteller to make sure they were being tracked to me.

Well, they were not! Also, these players have never even heard of these sites or atleast never even clicked on a link for them or ever even been to the sites. I made sure ahead of time to tell them to clear their cache, history and cookies to make sure.

I then contacted these rooms and guess what I was told... "Oh yes, I see they should have been tracked to you. There must be a technical glitch in the reporting system and will have it looked into."

C'mon, this isn't the first time this has happened either.

Now I'm not going to say any certain room is cheating affiliates, but I can't help believe they "conveniently lose data".

If this is the case and some affiliates are being screwed... it sure doesn't help their case for legitimacy and trust, especially in the eye of everything currently going on in the industry.

Bryan
__________________
Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it. Bill Phillips
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 410
Default

For what it's worth I've had a couple of conversions since they stopped accepting US players.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2006, 12:22 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 999
Default

1 here since the ban
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2006, 12:45 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 779
Default

Lot of signups no conversions
__________________
U S A Players Allowed Poker Rooms *** 2007 WSOP Satellites ***Casinos Accepting USA Players
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2006, 01:14 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,258
Default

a few this month, none in the last 4 days or so
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2006, 01:24 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 156
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Sign-ups have been doing well with a site that never accepted US players before the ban. One site that is predominantly US income based I have found a waste of time. They still accept US players. Maybe im wrong by taking all focus off sites that were dependant on American players but im thinking the cutbacks have to start somewhere & iv witnessed some real unusual stats recently
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Flopster Flopster is offline
Promoting since 2004
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 277
Default

Bryan, you are right about sites skimming your player or at least not giving you credit. I have suspected it many times. Incredibly hard to prove.

And now...with all that has gone on...you can expect a few more lost players no doubt.
__________________
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 10:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0