Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default It's been real but I've got to move on

This is a tough decision for me but I've made the decision to move on and leave the gambling affiliate industry. The decision was tough but based on several things:

1. The current climate
2. I plan on running for a State Rep Seat in the coming years
3. I have to make a business decision to protect my existing assests and future gains
4. I'm moving to another opportunity that will take up a significant amount of my time

I'm going to write a longer summary of my thoughts and views on the industry (including my vision of a "rebirth" of the industry in the next 24 months) but for now I just wanted to say THANK YOU to every member here who has helped me, bought links from me, done business with me, and contributed to the community here.

I'm in talks with someone to buy the bulk of my larger sites (ones I've never mentioned here) but a few of the smaller ones are for sale inlcuding BuildMyBankroll, The Matusow Blog, and FreePokerBooks. I have several more that I can't think of right now but you're welcome to PM for an inventory.

I'm sure a question that will come up regarding my plans for a State Rep slot will be "are you afraid that someone will smear you when it comes to your history as a gambling affiliate?". My answer to that is simple, I'm going to use it to my advantage and appeal to forward thinking people. We are all ethical business people here and have harnessed the power of the Internet and the "FREE WILL" of the American citizen to capitalize on a growing adult market. I can go on and on regarding that one but for now I'll sign off.

Good night everyone. It's been real.

Todd
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:55 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Poker
I'm going to use it to my advantage and appeal to forward thinking people.
in Georgia?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:59 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

*zing*

Hey, I've always enjoyed your contributions to this place. If your general political outlook is as well-reasoned and principled as your posts here indicate, you've got my vote anytime.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:00 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
Default

You selling anything Mac related?
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is online now
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,178
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Todd,

It has been a pleasure, I thank you for your contribution to this forum, and wish you the best of luck.

Don't ever forget you owe me a steak dinner in vegas...ever!

Good luck man!
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Todd,

It has been a pleasure, I thank you for your contribution to this forum, and wish you the best of luck.

Don't ever forget you owe me a steak dinner in vegas...ever!

Good luck man!
I'll be in Vegas in late October for a week and Jan 8-12th of 07. Come look me up since you're a big time AM and we can do the steak dinner. No kidding, just shoot me a note
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check if a player is a real money player and belongs to you. bonusrobber PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 08-09-2006 06:24 PM
Domain Names the real estate of 2006? gumbajohnny The Cocktail Lounge 0 04-15-2006 11:15 AM
Give away free real money online casino chips magnetobucks The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 02-12-2006 05:03 AM
Clicks to Players to Real Money Players PPP General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-24-2005 05:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0