Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 655
Default Affiliate Protection Service

Does anyone know anything about this?
I got an email that appeared to come from pokershare promoting this.

www.affiliateprotectionengine.org

Looks like a new site? Scared of being scammed but interested in what there simple site says.
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
Offline Super Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 331
Send a message via AIM to Bryan
Default

Just got it too and was wondering the same thing.

I emailed them to get more info and will post it as soon as I get it.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 436
Default

sign me up
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,996
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I have spoken several times with the CEO there and I have emailed him to get more comprehensive info on it as well........not quite sure how that whole thing could work. Either way you have to get your money into a U.S. bank account at some point to pay bills and such.

I see how it could protect your identity, but trying to hide money from the U.S. government in any fashion is usually not a wise decision.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
Offline Super Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 331
Send a message via AIM to Bryan
Default

I have seen services that allow you to receive debit cards from an overseas bank that don't even have your name on them and also have no withdrawal limits. I believe you can have up to $500,000 on them at a time.

They are supposed to be secure, insured and completely private. I believe they were from Switzerland or somewhere near there.

I'll have to look into it more.

I also agree with Jeremy that using some company like the Affiliate Protection Program could be considered highly illegal by our fantastic U.S. government, so not sure if this is the smartest way to go either. They'd probably charge you with money laundering or something. But I'm open to hear more from them.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Yeah, especially with all the suspension of civil liberties during our War on Terror, the government can ignore a lot of 4th Amendment protection against search and seizure, ignore your habeas corpus rights if you are a non-citizen, and probably torture you until you give up vital information about the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,567
Default

Who is backing them and why would Gibraltar be any more secure than the Caymans or Switzerland? I think PokerShare mentioned this place in their emails to people.
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-02-2006, 09:26 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan
I also agree with Jeremy that using some company like the Affiliate Protection Program could be considered highly illegal by our fantastic U.S. government,
I think you misspelled "fanatical."
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Affiliate Protection Engine - Solution??? edmc General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-03-2006 03:34 PM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 09:03 PM
FREE PASSES AVAILABLE for CAC Las Vegas 2006 - Become a Sponsored Affiliate Digital Angel The Spam Forum 0 08-31-2006 10:50 AM
Unwired Buyer - cool eBay service (unique affiliate approach) stasther The Cocktail Lounge 0 08-16-2006 01:07 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 03:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0