Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   Gay Poker is here - no joke (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/6602-gay-poker-here-no-joke.html)

Georgia Poker 09-22-2006 06:50 AM

Gay Poker is here - no joke
 
Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.comeoutpoker.com/index.php

No affiliate program as of yet but the question is, would you promote it? I don't think the mainstream poker news/info sites are a good place to promote it anyway. Although the gay/lesbian dating sites would be a good start (think people chatting, etc).

I personally think it's too narrow of a niche. If I were gay I wouldn't really care if I played against other gay players. I'd be looking for the same thing as any other player, good games, graphics, support, etc...

Also, it's interesting to note that they have a new HoldEm game where "Straights" don't count!

Bryan 09-22-2006 06:56 AM

Now that's funny!

I wonder what at Q -3 is called on that site. LOL. Hmmm.

Bryan

scrawnybob 09-22-2006 07:04 AM

a niche site too far ??
 
hi

think you hit the nail on the head - don't see why anyone of any sex preference is going to want to play poker in an exclusive poker site to their group

I'm vegetarian but I can't see much of a market for www.tofupoker.com catering just for veggies and vegan poker players ... maybe im wrong but

being gay or veggie or voting green or being lefthanded doesn't seem to have much point or niche in the poker arena

ok so firemen & women is a niche or football fans - but that makes sense and doesn't exclude any minority groups

Personally I wonder how long it will take before all the gay haters (think about the bigotry in poker chat boxes) decide to hound innocent players who join a site clearly marking themselves out based as gay - I think they're going to have there work cut out

off to set up the www.greenlefthandedmungbeanpoker.com just in case

cheers scrawnybob

Holis 09-22-2006 07:42 AM

Straight waiter :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan
Now that's funny!

I wonder what at Q -3 is called on that site. LOL. Hmmm.

Bryan


SunPoker.com 09-22-2006 08:37 AM

"Not that there's anything wrong with that" :) - for you Seinfeld fans

Mark

Brandon 09-22-2006 10:48 AM

I live 10 mins away from San Fran right now, if they launch an Affiliate Program...mass offline marketing blitz :)

adioking 09-22-2006 02:22 PM

adasdf

Graham 09-22-2006 10:45 PM

When I was starting out, my friend and I joked about doing a gay niche kind of poker site, but suprisingly all the good domain names were taken so we never did it. Also, since neither of us are gay it would be pretty akward to tell people the name of your site.

mongoose 09-22-2006 11:57 PM

my wife laughs out loud at the idea of "Coming out Holdem" where straights don't count. or is it "No Straights Allowed"?

whatever, she just thinks that's both creative, and downright funny.

KPR 09-23-2006 02:15 PM

LOL you need a new name for "im all in" :p


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0