|
Its a stupid idea. First you eliminate many of your potential customers be limiting it to gays and then why would gays go there? Its poker, who cares who you play with. Why not make a site for people with brown eyes, I have brown eyes and I cant wait til I can play with other people who have brown eyes!
|
Quote:
Not that there's anything wrong with that! lol Good point though... what's next? |
I agree with a lot of what's been said. I don't think that's a niche that's going to be successful for this. If gays want to meet each other, they can go to dating sites. I don't think they'll feel the need to switch over, when all they'll be doing is table talking. Also, I could see MAJOR harassment from immature people at tables.
Who knows though? If it works out, then good for them. |
I think it could be a terible idea to, BUT as you know I love niche marketing :) . The way I see it a site like this is never ever, and I mean ever going to compete with any big sites.
However if I owned it I would be looking to be on the exsisting network and maybe rake a thousand or two a day. Not alot at all in this idustry, but this could actually be realistic if you spend your ad dollars on other gay sites. I agree 90% of gay people who play poker could care less, but again it's a numbers game. Your target market would have to be gay people who are new to online poker I would imagine. All in all I don't see it as such a terrible idea if the guys running it are well capitalized and can spend a few bucks on advertising. A skin raking $1k a day is nothing which over a 1 year period after expenses equates to a decent income. More than likely it is a couple people doing the site versus a bunch of people with huge overheads. |
The only challenge I see with doing this on a network (skin) is that as soon as the "gay" chat begins they're opening the door to abuse. While I have no issue with people and their sexual preference, I don't want to see see it in a chat window playing poker.
Maybe the way around it would be some sort of side chat similar to what Doyles Room does so that only network players see it. Hrmmmm :D |
Good point Georgia, I didn't think of it that way. Yea that would be an annoyance to the rest of the network.
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0