News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2006, 04:31 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 907
Default Costa Rica Poker Convention?

Anyone going to Costa Rica Dec. 7th/8th? http://www.pokerindustryexpo.com/

I'll be there, heard the Marriot there is really nice too.

Found a little village/surfing beach off the beaten path w/80f water & lefts/rights for miles will be there for at least couple weeks afterwards too

I'm just going to meetup with some of you & party for the most part, plus a surfin' vacation.
I put this biz back on my fun/hobby list a few months ago, way too busy with my real job nowadays.

I'm booking my trip within the next few weeks.

Beach & palm trees in Dec. baby!

Cheers
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 392
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Yea I really hope I can make that one. It's a long way but I think it'll be worth it.

Anyone know what the weather is like in Costa Rica in Dec?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2006, 05:09 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,031
Default

Hot as a mother f 'er. That is there summer time. It doesnt rain too much in their summer though, not as much as in the winter from what I remember. It's a good thing because the river run off makes the water pretty funky especially if you surf. Bring the peroxide

I never stayed in San Jose more than going in and out of the airport but it's not the nicest cities. Or at least it wasn't 8 years ago. Costa Rica is awesome and I think I might make this one.

Where were you planning to surf Greg?

R
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,720
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I will not be there for the expo but will be there in February for the Absolute Poker $50K freeroll. CAC Amsterdam will probably be more beneficial. I will be there.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-11-2006, 05:39 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 907
Default

Looks like Dec is the start of the nice season, avg high: upper 70's & 60's at night

Hey hoursurfer, going to surf at Playa Grande, close to Tamarindo.
Its on the dry Pacific coast where the waves are hell of a 4wheel adventure getting there from SJ I guess, might fly from SJ to Liberia, then Jeep it?
Hate to miss a good jungle muddin' adventure though lol

Tenatively planning on going to Amsterdam also, mostly vacation/party again too since 80% of my dealings wth the poker rooms are going to involve my middle finger! lol
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-12-2006, 06:18 AM
GazMan GazMan is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 26
Send a message via MSN to GazMan
Default

Dec 5th to 7th is Bodog conference in the Bahamas.
__________________
Gareth
www.pokernews.com
www.pokeraffiliateworld.com
www.pokerworks.com
www.pokernetwork.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 362
Default

Quote:
Its on the dry Pacific coast where the waves are hell of a 4wheel adventure getting there from SJ I guess, might fly from SJ to Liberia, then Jeep it?

You can take small plane from San Jose to the Pacific coast and then take a Jeep or Bus to the city of destination. It's not that expensive. The other option is to take a bus for 3-5 hours or so from San Jose to the Pacific coast depending on where you're going.

I think their rainy season ends in late December but I would double check that.

If you're looking for surf, check out the town of Dominical.

Regards,

Mark
__________________
Focalclick
Sunpoker.com - 100 WSOP packages now available - OneSickPromo - $500 CPA offers.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0