Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 08-28-2006, 12:18 AM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 377
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

Don't forget you need to be making more money than you would be if you were using your own banner, and the site that is paying you has to make worth their while....
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,542
Default

Roar traffic is terribly bad, so it would be reasonable to expect more than $10 per click for a focused, decent site.

You should always expect to make LESS money with a paid in advance buy. You sacrifice some upsaide for the no hassle sure thing. If a banner were to bring you $5100 over its many months life via CPA or MGR, who wouldn't take $5000 immediately upfront?
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spam Kill
Old 08-28-2006, 04:23 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 253
Default banner ad space worth

hi all

thanks for the replies - thought it was going to be a how long is a piece of string question but useful to know roughly where each end is

quote PPP "Impresions is worthless way to judge value for poker sites in general, but especially for a site like 4kingpoker at the bottom of the page"

not sure how to interpret that - I know I don't generate massive traffic but I didnt think I generate terrible traffic either (maybe I do), they must have asked me for a reason - the bottom of the page banner is the only one I'd change for an ad buy as it's already sitewide

quote Hoursurfer "You've got a lot of ads already on your site so I wouldnt go overboard on the rates"

I've been cutting aff banners out etc - do you still think I've got too many on ? Maybe I've be comparing 4kingpoker to the wrong sites but I thought I'd got the balance with less flashing banners etc better than a while back ??

Thanks for all the info - definately food for thought

cheers Scrawnybob



__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 08-28-2006, 05:02 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 972
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

I don't think anybody was poking at the quality of your traffic. It just means that a banner at the top of your page would generate the same amount of impressions as one at the bottom, but obviously the one at the top is worth more money because more people will actually "see" it.
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spam Kill
Old 08-28-2006, 05:18 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 253
Default banner ads / traffic / position etc

hi Kyle

cheers - I figured (hoped) that was what PPP was getting at and I agree that at the bottom isnt prime position - I've taken out loads of banners especially as I used to have one across the top which is better position but I've been looking more to to make the traffic stay / go round the site rather than kid myself that a big banner at the top will earn me loads (as an aff link) rather than getting the conversions deeper into the site

I'm definately open to criticism - however harsh - I'd rather hear it and try to put things right than sit in silence not wanting to hear bad but realistic feedback about the site - I've learnt so much from being in PAW

Big thanks to everyone BTW on that - and if I hadn't taken the positive crits and done something about them I'd definately be going no-where fast

Thanks to everyone at PAW I think I'm gradually going somewhere slowly

The current banner down at the bottom doesn't perform very well with current banner compare with previous ones there - so it will be changed one way or another

The thing I've found interesting is the difference between what some aff managers suggest / the actual results things get them & me

At the start I didnt want a banner farm but realise I had made a compromise (ie a small banner farm) which maybe keeps the aff managers happy and constantly wanting their banners higher etc - but actually doesn't get sign-ups / money in.

Thanks again all of you for the feedback

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 08-28-2006, 03:06 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,542
Default

It's not criticism to say a banner impression at the bottom of a page doesn't have the same value as a banner impression at the top of a page. Impressions never matter, eyeballs do.
Reply With Quote
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 08-28-2006, 03:44 PM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 253
Default impressions

hi PPP

cheers - gotcha on position

guess I look at my stats and get frustrated that they're going up but they're not going up as quick as I'd like

Trying to find a fair value for ad for them and for me - thanks for all the info on how best to calculate it - I was a bit unsure as they're obviously as you pointed out more interested in raw clicks than SEO value etc

PAW experts come to the rescue again - if nothing comes of it at least its reminded me that I was wasting the banner space on something that isnt converting as well as previous banners place there

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 08-29-2006, 10:30 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 538
Default

Here is an interesting tool regarding the price of text link ads in different areas of your site, for various industries: http://www.text-link-ads.com/link_calculator.php

Regards,

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 08-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 972
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

I wouldn't put too much heart into that tool, it says a frontpage link at pokerlistings is worth less than throwaway domains I entered in.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling 468x60 banner on new site. haynesey The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 03-03-2007 04:30 PM
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 0 02-10-2007 06:18 PM
get paid $50 for putting up a banner on ur site aussiepoker The Spam Forum 0 08-22-2006 10:43 PM
Some thoughts on Banner Ads....... Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 06-08-2006 04:15 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 11:35 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0