News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poker Heaven
Posts: 302
Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell
Default CAC Vegas-What the hell are they thinking?

Ok guys. Surely you are aware of the internet snuff site Ogrish.com which basically shows anything and everything shocking and disgusting online. Well, please explain to me why the owner is a Speaker at CAC Vegas. I mean, if it's a traffic example then they are WAY off base here. There are some people boycotting this event now because of this.

Over at CAP there is quite a heated thread(s) about what is happening. I am gussing Marc will cancel him. If not I suggest getting 2 rum and coke and watching what happens. People will get pretty pissed over this one....thought?

http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...ad.php?t=13909
__________________
..::_____::..
Greg D Powell
Affiliate Marketing Director
PokerHeaven Affiliates
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Brandon Brandon is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,301
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Wow, that is pretty bad. I do not think there is a need for him at all, no correlation to our sector at all.

$10 bucks says CAP De-Certifies CAC

I don't think Mark realized what he was really bringing in, and now the shit has hit the fan. A site like that gets a large amount of traffic due to its competition, not many people have the heart to put that kind of content up. I am all for viral marketing, and out of the box thinking, but what can this guy really teach me? Go after the markets that no one else will? How to get people searching for beheadings to buy into a 2/4 limit game?

Its hard enough explaining to people what I do now, can't imagine his predicament.
__________________
I Changed my MSN - Please add to your MSN Friends List.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:18 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,383
Default

Now I'm going to go throw up...
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:23 AM
kdollar kdollar is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 56
Default

sickening for sure. I have never been to a CAC but I don't think this has much to do with a casino affilite convention...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:19 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poker Heaven
Posts: 302
Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell
Default

Looks like the speaker, Hewitt, as been removed from the schedule. This is a good move overall. I just wonder how in touch with the industry the planners of CAC really are. If you dont know this crew puts on other affiliate shows such as dating, etc.

Here are my thoughts. Someone there likes Ogrish and calls it "sticky" because they visit it daily. Alternative, the site does recieve a lot of traffic and they wanted to get someones view on how it's achieved.
I'll answer that for everyone now - shocking content.

The relevancy is just so far off that I am wondering how it ever got added to CAC. If you wanted to show an alternative site (non-gambling) that generated traffic then pick something a little more applicable. Any mjor news site would work, or any sports site as well. There are some massive ones out there.

Bottom Line. Well done Marc getting it removed. No reason to spoil what will be the best CAC yet.
__________________
..::_____::..
Greg D Powell
Affiliate Marketing Director
PokerHeaven Affiliates
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2006, 08:02 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 285
Default

The curious george part of me won out and I had to see this ogrish site just for my own eyes. I didn't watch any videos, but based on the descriptions that guy is fucked up!

If he were to be a speaker at CAC I probably would have just shut down my computer and never touched it again. People like that, that make money off of others misery are sick. I hope he has fun sitting in hell for all eternity.

What a fuck head sicko!

SmackDog
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Brandon Brandon is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,301
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Apparently it doesn't end.
http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.com/bb/free-cac-passes-contact-your-affiliate-manager-now.14102.html?

Now it appears they do not have enough people attending so they are now trying to put it on the affiliate managers. I think this is ridiculous, I can't believe they would try to fill the CAC like this.

I have no problem with taking care of a well producing affiliate, as I will do with my program, but what I do have a problem with is someone trying to make money from affiliate programs by hyping up the affiliates to ask for a free ride. It is blatantly obvious what Marc is doing.
__________________
I Changed my MSN - Please add to your MSN Friends List.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2006, 11:13 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,383
Default

dfasdfa
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Poker Heaven
Posts: 302
Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell
Default

Ok, sorry to bring this up again but there are few times in life when so much drama can be associated with business. When I posted this thread at the begininning I had no idea the massive amount of rumors and insane posts that would be made before CAC was here. (400 affiliate arrests, television crew tapes, detaining people at the airport, etc.)
Now we are 2 days out and the action has gotten red hot. I hope there will be some good meetings come from this event cause I am about 100% the conference will be a total zoo.

Here is the latest, scroll down and see. Words here from Marc Lesnick, conference organizer and CEO of Casino Affiliate Conference.
http://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.c...ad.php?t=14387
__________________
..::_____::..
Greg D Powell
Affiliate Marketing Director
PokerHeaven Affiliates
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Brandon Brandon is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,301
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

WOW!

I cannot believe he made those comments. Extremely unprofessional. How can you call someone a "sissy" for thinking of their families.
__________________
I Changed my MSN - Please add to your MSN Friends List.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0