Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   Affiliate Reports (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/6120-affiliate-reports.html)

Brandon 08-11-2006 02:37 PM

Affiliate Reports
 
As you guys know I am creating our software next week, so I wanted some last minute input from the PAW community, since I am building this for you guys!

So my question is, when viewing your stats and reports, what sort of stats do you prefer?

Anything you haven't seen before that you would love to?

Also, if there are any requests on any aspect of the program, let me know and I will do what I can to make it happen.

FYI, I will not allow rakeback, so keep in mind I cannot show any stats that will give an affiliate a chance to give rakeback.

Arnoldpalmer 08-11-2006 03:09 PM

Things I like in reports are;

Real (or near to real) time reporting rather than refreshing every 24 hours
1 click week/month to date without having to change dates
as above for previous month
I like to see how much has been deposited (not neccessarily by who)

Will post more as I think of them! good luck with the programme, I've signed up ready.

Cheers

Arn

Nick0r 08-12-2006 05:19 AM

Daily emailed in-depth MGR stats is a definite plus.

Dragonfly-CA 08-12-2006 09:43 AM

Real time reporting is a MUST feature to have. I agree with Arnoldpalmer, this refresing every 24 hours has got to go. Real time reporting is much more trustworthy.

adioking 08-12-2006 10:36 PM

It would be nice to see something like "current ACTIVE players" in which an active player is one who has logged onto real money in the past 20 or 30 days.

Also, player retention would be a good tool to have. I always look at deposits and compare them to withdrawals to see the retention. High Withdraw is poor retention while low is great retention (especially true for casinos).

Its also nice to see exactly how much the house took and then your take of that. This helps to know that the affiliate isnt being ripped off.

I'm sure there is tons of stuff, but i just dont have the time or patience to post more.

Cya,
dAn

Kyle 08-13-2006 01:38 AM

I know it's been said twice but I'll say it again Real time stats is the most important thing. Please none of this "Stats for aug.4 + 5th are not loaded properly yet will be available tomorow" bs. Also I like lots of details like impressions, clicks etc. , not just play money/real money like party poker and full tilt do it.

AceKicker 08-13-2006 11:04 AM

I just signed up for the affiliate program at cakepoker.com. I really like their affiliate backend. I wish more affiliate programs used a similar system. You can easily create trackers and attach promotions to each tracker. You can also easily create bonus codes with each tracker. Some programs require you to send them an email if you need bonus codes. This is a pain. Sometimes it takes quite a few emails back and forth to finally get a bonus code that is not already taken. Their reports function is also user friendly. Brandon, you should take a peek at their system. It's nice and clean.

BTW, I have no mutual interest with cake poker. I just thought they had a nice affiliate system.

GregK 08-13-2006 11:17 AM

Co-branded landing pages for every affiliate & track activity from the landing page onward without relying on cookies or http referrer etc.

That should eliminate a huge part of tracking data getting dropped or lost in transit to the target site & affiliates not getting credited for referrals.

Besides mass problems with http referrer itself, other problems from firewalls & other privacy software stripping the referrer is just crazy, especially when you rely on it for your income.

Visitor running Norton? Kiss that conversion goodbye!

As for "real time" stats? That should go without saying!
They should just be honest...
We'll post stats when we're done cookin' the books lol

cheers



Brandon 08-13-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregK
Co-branded landing pages for every affiliate & track activity from the landing page onward without relying on cookies or http referrer etc.

That should eliminate a huge part of tracking data getting dropped or lost in transit to the target site & affiliates not getting credited for referrals.



Since I took the job, that was one of my main focus's. Each affiliate will have custom splash pages. You will have a couple of customizable fields, and of course I will have to approve every one so no one does something unethical.

GregK 08-13-2006 11:48 AM

Cool ;) shouldn't take more than 5 mins to add a logo to a template, create a custom folder & upload it.

The more I've looked into building a reliable tracking system, the more confused & overwhelmed I've become. There are SO MANY snafus in the loop, I simply came to the conclusion to eliminate the "in transit" stage & trying to keep referrer data intact on the trip.
It should be a huge headstart in developing a reliable solution.
Simply shoot'em to a clean & co-branded URL, then track all traffic from there.

I actually think I'm on to something there? lol K.I.S.S. has always served me well in the past ;)

cheers


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0