Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Other Lucrative Affiliate Industries

I know posts like this have been made in the past, but what do you guys think some of the other lucrative affiliate industries are.

I'll start, Porn.. Too bad I have small kids and a wife that would probably frown upon it. It would surely make the Vegas conventions a bit more interesting though

Anything with Adsense and massive traffic is good too I'm sure.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2006, 03:45 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 466
Default

I think it has been mentioned here before that adult friend finder is a good one. I was looking at all the "friend finder" sites, and it looks like there are a lot of great opportunities there. Those are definitely on my list.
__________________
Poker Rakeback
Come see Rakeshark completely redesigned, it's pretty badass
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-02-2006, 04:54 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

www.vonage.com
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Randy Randy is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,508
Default

Here's a few - almost all of them have sub-niches too.

Dating
Credit Cards
Credit Repair
Mortgages
Car Loans
Car Insurance (any other kind of insurance too, really)
Payday Loans (any other kind of loans too, really)
Satellite TV
Web Hosting
Florists
Ebooks from Clickbank
Shoes
Ringtones
Debt Consolidation Loans
Florists
Travel (esp. hotels)
Weight Loss (esp. Medifast)
Online Degrees
Sexual Enhancement Products (VigRX is a good one.)
Internet Service Providers

I know that porn is supposed to be a really big industry, but the conversion rates are dramatically different from any other industry. You might see 1 conversion for every 200 visitors you send to a program in an average industry, but 1 conversion for every 1000 visitors isn't out of line for an "adult" program.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2006, 11:14 PM
-w- -w- is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7
Default

I've been thinking about the same thing. Other than poker/casino money, what areas are good? Is there a place on the internet to find out which affiliate programs allow you to keep your customers for the life of their purchasing career? From what I can tell, online gaming is the only area that lets you do that, and create the residual (not sure if I am using the right term here) income. Are there any other areas that allow you to create this same type of income?
-w-
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2006, 06:57 AM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 413
Default

drugs
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Julia's Avatar
Julia Julia is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 9
Default

The list Randy posted is helpful, and pretty accurate. I think that as long as you find a niche market that you enjoy and are passionate about, you can make some great money in the retail sector. Web Hosting and web services, weight loss and health related services, travel offers and online degrees/educational offers are all areas that I've experienced are very popular.
__________________
Julia
Affiliate Marketing Coordinator
Income Access Inc.
www.incomeaccess.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-2006, 04:29 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 665
Default

I got my start years ago in lead generation. The easiest one was home based business leads. I would make deals with sites selling leads to generate for them. A good full surveyed leads was $3.25 each. I used mostly overture (now yahoo) and adwords to fill a lot of the orders. My cost to generate was $2.25 each on average, it was a small profit margin but they were very easy to generate in masses, I could do several hundred per day.
After a while it hit me.
These companies are turning around and selling these 3x for $3.00 each
I hired a crew to run it and started my own leads company cutting out the middle.
I then sold my leads company for $300K, I was stupid invested and lost it in another company (young mistake – but live and learn). Anyways this was a profitable business for me, I imagine it still is.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Other Affiliate industries? psmoney The Cocktail Lounge 2 10-20-2006 03:26 PM
FREE PASSES AVAILABLE for CAC Las Vegas 2006 - Become a Sponsored Affiliate Digital Angel The Spam Forum 0 08-31-2006 11:50 AM
Should you trust your affiliate manager? Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 03-31-2006 01:48 PM
Other affiliate industries Justin New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 09-02-2005 11:02 AM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0