News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2005, 05:00 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

How many people are having their accounts held frozen pending further investigation? What plan are you using, MGR or CPA, and what type of marketing methods are you doing? Hopefully we can all learn from each others mistakes.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2005, 05:04 PM
FeeRan FeeRan is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 185
Default

I've heard a lot of people in this forum (usually new affiliates who have only been promoting for a month or so) asking for advice on this, and it does seem like it is happening more often. This has happened to me before, a while back when i was new at being an affiliate and I was offering people free money, eventually I got my money after I stopped bitching to Party Poker and started trying to find an amicable solution.

Anybody who has this problem, post a long detailed response answering richardb's questions (what plan? marketing methods?) and I will give you the best possible advice I can to help you get your money!!
__________________
Wanna get hooked up with a <span style=\'color:red\'>special deal</span> with Empire Poker's Affiliate Program RIGHT AWAY when signing up?

Go to my new site, www.PokerAffiliation.com and sign up with our Empire Poker link! You'll get an affiliate fee way better than the normal one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Prenut Prenut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 204
Default

Your account is frozen Richard?
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
cavaliers09 cavaliers09 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers09
Default

Mine was frozen last month. 1 RMP who lost after like 50 hands. $225 in sub revenue and $75 from that RMP (it was CPA). I asked them to release the sub money only, but they said they couldn't do that. My plan is to keep trying to get that kid to make a deposit, or jsut send him $50 and make him fold a lot.

I'll tell you tomrorow how this month goes.
__________________
Poker Bankrolls
Get your own poker website for $150. PM me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-04-2005, 05:14 PM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Prenut@Apr 4 2005, 05:05 PM
Your account is frozen Richard?
Not mine. I just started this thread to help out the newbies.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-04-2005, 06:43 PM
Prodigy Prodigy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9
Default

I am new to this forum and just started doing a search on affiliate forums after my Affiliate Account on Party has been put on hold for investigations as well.
I've been with pp as an affiliate since January and have generated about roughly about 50K with 4 players. I generated over 21K this past month, the most I have generated and they put a hold on my account. This is unbelievable. I didn't even send money for any kind of sign up bonuses. Here is a copy of the email they sent me after I asked them about the hold...

Hi,

In response to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that your affiliate revenue is on hold for a temporary basis.

This is due to the fact that the players referred by you have not played much at Party Poker, we need to make sure that the players have signed up with an intention to play.

We do understand you concern, as we expect a long term relationship from our partner's but please cooperate with us and we need to check the accounts to ensure there is no system abuse, your payments are on hold only for temporary basis, and so as soon as the revenue generated by your players increases your payments will be made.

If you have further questions and/or concerns, we will be glad to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Affiliate Accounts Team
PartyPoker.com

Toll Free from US/Canada Only: +1-877-867-6537


I have about $5500 that is suppose to be sent to me and is put on hold. I am vigorously Emailing globalmedia and am getting ready to call their punkas$'s when their office lines open up. Nick, let me know what actions you have taken so far.
Here is a copy of an email i sent them after they emailed me.



Dear Globalmedia,
I believe the reasoning is just absurd and the reason you are putting my affiliate revenue on hold is because a few of my players stopped playing. Did you ever consider that they may have lost money or they may be on vacation? They are not robots.
So I guess the pass 3 months was just a fluke and a coincidence, right? They have generated over 40K in the past 3 months, and this month, my Monthly Gross Revenue (MGR) was the highest since I've joined the affiliate program. How can you possibly think that there is any kinds of "system abuse" and signing up without the "intention to play" if I generated the most MGR this month out of the previous 3 months I've been on this affiliate program.
Please call me or send a better email than this one below. I want this situation to be figured out right away. Keep in mind that with the money that is sent, the Quick Cash method will also help the players get back in action and start playing. I know two of my players have no money in their account and that is why I was inquiring about the quickcash method so I can get them playing as soon as possible. Please go check my email records to see my inquiry on Quick Cash and my emails back and forth with Nikhil Patwardhan, my Affiliate Manager from GlobiaMedia.


"your payments are on hold only for temporary basis, and so as soon as the revenue generated by your players increases your payments will be made."

This statement is basically saying that my payment is on hold, but if I increase the revnue generated from my players, payments will be made. Can you guys be serious about Generating more revenue after I've been accused of system of abuse and holding of payment? Like I said, how can there be any system abuse when the previous month has been the most productive month for me as an affiliate? How can you possibly think and even ask me to try to generate more revenue after my payment has been put on hold and the reasonings behind is totally absurd. Please get in contact with me ASAP 215-xxx-xxxx and reply with a better email than the one previously sent.

PLEASE HELP!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2005, 06:59 PM
checkingout checkingout is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 363
Default

I dont get that at all. Its a good way to lose business and affiliates. I mean I can understand if you use CPA. But if you use revenue % then what is the difference, you get paid more if they play more and less if they play less. Am I missing something here?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2005, 09:17 PM
swordfish swordfish is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 34
Default

My account is actually "pending investigation" as well. I just called partys affiliate staff and asked what the hell the problem was. They, like usual, couldnt even give me a direct answer. The guy I was talking to said he saw no reason why my account was frozen and under investigation. He said he intends to contact my affiliate manager and let me know what the problem is by email within the next 24 hours. What BS.

swordfish
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Prodigy Prodigy is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by swordfish@Apr 4 2005, 09:17 PM
My account is actually "pending investigation" as well. I just called partys affiliate staff and asked what the hell the problem was. They, like usual, couldnt even give me a direct answer. The guy I was talking to said he saw no reason why my account was frozen and under investigation. He said he intends to contact my affiliate manager and let me know what the problem is by email within the next 24 hours. What BS.

swordfish
swordfish, I'm going to send you a PM w/ my AIM. Can you tell me if it is even worth calling them up? I sent them an email, but they have yet to respond. I just want to know if a phone conversation will be productive in any way.

I have over 5K on hold, and I don't want this to turn out like a pokerNOW scenerio where they screw over affiliates. People that have gotten this issue solved, please post and let us know. THANKS!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Eric Eric is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6
Default

Prodigy, I wonder if maybe these weren't brand new Party Poker players, and PP somehow identified them as such? As others have said, 50k from 4 new players in 3 months is unreal. The email you got was obviously a form letter, and "not enough play" is not the reason you are on hold. I know some whales that I would love to sign up under my plan, but I have assumed that PP has some method to identify this (common IP address, mailing address, funding source, etc.)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0