Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default Life after promoting poker.....

Hi Guys,

It seems that alot of people around here have been putting sites up for sale, it may be just a quincidence but I strongly believe it is because of the fear of Online poker beeing outlawed in the U.S.

Hypothetically speaking lets say online poker does become outlawed and has no existence in the U.S.A. by 2008, what will do you as your source of income? Will you remain an affiliate of some sort, go back to what you use to do, look for something new?

I am sort of in the process for looking for another source of income right now because I just feel the poker affiliate market has become so competitive. Also I understand that I will not be able to do this forever.

Anyone that has anything that they are doing well with right now, I would love to hear about it. I am currently trying to make money off of Ebay by selling sporting tickets, and have had some sucess so far.

Ethomps
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 111
Default

Online poker might become 'outlawed' but 'has no existence' will never, EVER, EVER occur. So I'm not worried in the least.

Case in point? Pirated movies, illegal drugs, illegal types of porn. It's all still there even though it might have been 'outlawed'.

But looking into other industries is definitely a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-27-2006, 07:31 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,250
Default

I think it's just a coincidence or people over reacting. If a ban goes up on every state people will continue to play.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 436
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

not worried one bit
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Online poker might become 'outlawed' but 'has no existence' will never, EVER, EVER occur. So I'm not worried in the least.

Case in point? Pirated movies, illegal drugs, illegal types of porn. It's all still there even though it might have been 'outlawed'.

But looking into other industries is definitely a good idea.
It is tough to find out who is doing these type of criminal activities. As for finding out who is playing online poker, I think it could be easily enforced by the FBI requesting account information from the poker rooms for every american player and seeing the activity of there account.

Ethomps
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
BryanHauer.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 358
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan
Default

They FBI has no authority over any of those poker rooms and thus they wouldn't have to cooperate whatsoever.

I'm not really worried either. Poker has been around a long time and will continue to grow.

I actually see it being made legal by the federal govt. before I see it going illegal. Too much revenue to turn down.

Once they get their act together and figure out how to get a piece of it, it will become legal and regulated.

I think we're all ok for quite a while.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon

And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either.

Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 PM
gumbajohnny's Avatar
gumbajohnny gumbajohnny is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ft lauderdale
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to gumbajohnny Send a message via MSN to gumbajohnny Send a message via Skype™ to gumbajohnny
Default

United States of America, home of the free.
Except to play online poker.
__________________
Good Luck To Us All!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2006, 11:27 PM
cylai cylai is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 28
Default

The best way is to have few income streams. Do not depends on poker affiliate commission to be your sole income source.

There are other niche is is unsaturated and yet can be profitable if done right. eg: dog training, dating, tattoo... etc etc
__________________
I Hate ebay! But I make $5000/mo from it!
With no products!
I will show you how!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 111
Default

Got more details on the tattoo niche, cylai? What specific tattoo are we talking about here? ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2006, 03:22 AM
Aff Manager Aff Manager is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13
Default

I wouldn't worry about it being outlawed - there's a lot of talk about it, but the enforcement of it would be nigh on impossible.

However, the competitiveness of the market is fierce and getting fiercer! Because of this, it makes sense to investigate other supplementary incomes - my advice would be too stick to affiliating - if you can make it as an affiliate in this industry, you'll find most other industries a piece of cake! Just apply the skills and initiative you've used here, and you'll be suprised how easy you find it!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0