Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-25-2006, 02:45 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default Poker Heaven ...gone from sponsored programs

Among others gone as well it seems. I am pleased that the "field" has been culled somewhat...it was starting to get a little thick.
I think there should be a process to be included rather than just a "pay for entry". Can anyone let us know what has happened for the list to be cleaned up?

But why Poker Heaven?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I was waiting for someone to bring that up. We had to clean up the sponsored programs list and see who had expired, renewed, up for renewal, ect.

If a program was removed it has nothing to do with integrity or quality. In fact some will probably be back up before you know it. The sponsored programs is a very important aspect to this community. One of my goals in the coming weeks is to get our sponsors more involved as well as active in the forums.

The best affiliate managers in the industry are the ones who keep an open line of communication and are accessible. In a perfect world I would love to see all of our AM's taking an active role in the community, not just some.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2006, 11:11 PM
gumbajohnny's Avatar
gumbajohnny gumbajohnny is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ft lauderdale
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to gumbajohnny Send a message via MSN to gumbajohnny Send a message via Skype™ to gumbajohnny
Default Agree with Caz

"I think there should be a process to be included rather than just a "pay for entry".
That is a great point Caz.
__________________
Good Luck To Us All!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I will look into that. However if there is going to be a process, it will not be some make believe process or certification that fleeces affiliates into thinking it is something it's not.

The problem with having an actual process to be included in an affiliate forum is that everything is subjective. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen an affiliate flame an affiliate department in a thread only to find out from the AM that this affiliate has sent 1 total player over the lifetime of their account. All it takes is one idiot with an agenda to place into question the integrity or ethics of an affiliate program.

Likewise if we had a "certification process" that would make us the judge and jury of the industry to determine who is worthy of being promoted. I am not perfect and quite frankly I like to give affiliate departments and AM's a chance to prove themselves first. Of course any rogue program would not be allowed to advertise here, but most rogue programs aren't in the market of recruiting new affiliates either

I understand the rationale here, I am just thinking of the dynamics of it. I don't think it's a big secret that I'm not fond of the competitions process. I'd be curious to hear some of the vetrans opinions on this.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2006, 02:34 AM
checkingout checkingout is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
Default

I would like to see sponsored programs have someone who actually responds on their boards on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2006, 03:57 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Perhaps part of the inclusion process would be discussion by the members of PAW regarding current/past experience with the room that is being considered.

I think an active AM should be something that we could really hope for, but i am not SO sure that could be a realistic requirment. Perhaps with the aquisition by Poker News, the level of leverage and influence PAW may NOW have on the industry could almost make it a requirement.
We are Blessed to have an AM like Stephen from Paradise, if only we could get all the AM's as involved as he.

After all where else would these rooms really go for affiliate exposure?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Caz, do not forget about Mark from SunPoker.com/Focal Click. Steven and Mark are both great AM's and have always been around the forums to help, even if it has nothing to do with their site. I guarantee they have more affiliates promoting them from PAW for that reason alone.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Shenaz, Scott...................there's a bunch of great AM's here. Regardless if you're a sponsor here or at any other place. If you're given a forum to interact with your customers, it is best to take advantage of it.

It's no different than if you as an affiliate buy paid advertising on another site and get a forum to chat about poker and recruit players............You'll make a hell of alot more money if you show up to the forum and well..................chat about poker and recruit players.

Like any business, you get out of it what you put into it.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,124
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Your 100% correct Jeremy, all of them are extremely helpful, and always their for our members. Hopefully more AM's in the future will see the benefits of being a daily member of our forum.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,034
Default

They are only hurting themselves and their companies' programs by not showing up around here. The poker sites should make it a requirement for their affiliates to be active in PAW.

The only reason I started promoting SunPoker is because of Mark's participation in this forum and his dedication to helping affiliates - more AM's should take some lessons from Mark, Stephen and a few others here.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0