News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default Content Farms vs. Idea Sites

After responding to this thread... ...I wanted to start a new topic for a discussion on this. (these thoughts are directed towards new sites)

With how cluttered this industry is getting on the affiliates side, I firmly believe the way to make money is to do something completely different. I see "Content Farms" popping up all over the place, thinking they are the next pokerlistings. When in actuallity, it is so hard to get your foot in the door doing the standard site review pages.

When I say content farms, I mean the sites that create pages not to be beneficial to their readers, but to just add pages (content). We speak so much about how awful banner farms are, but I see most sites as the same way, just useless content in place of banners. I'll admit that is how I started out, but I think you have to do things differently now.

If you can create a great "Idea Site" you will see it is a lot easier to drive traffic and make money, then trying to spread a brand new poker review site. The amounts of traffic we are getting at Donkey Lotto is amazing. People don't see sites like this all over the internet, so they share what they saw with others. No one is going to go to a content farm and go wow, I have to show this to my friends.

I am not saying it can't be done, AdioKing has really impressed me with everything he has done with his sites. He has worked hard to create RELEVANT content, and has SEO'ed his site extremely well. I would guess he is definitely reaping the rewards of his hard work.
__________________
I Changed my MSN - Please add to your MSN Friends List.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2006, 04:18 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,400
Default

hauntedpoker.com is nice
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0