General Poker Affiliate DiscussionThe Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!
I know this may sound like a really basic and simple idea but I think it really works. I know not many of you promote poker stars because it is not really that attractive for affiliates given that they don't offer any bonuses or what not. However, poker stars can be used as a very valuable resource when trying to market your website. Right now I have a community of over 540 members, many of which play on poker stars and want to represent the community that they belong to. Therefore they want to upload my websites stars avatar to their avatar with my logo / url on it. I currently have many players who do this which I have to tell you brings in TONS of new people to my site every single day. It is free advertising basically. Not only do people see the avatars, but they become curious about it and ask you questions about it in the chat box. So while my suggestion may be really basic, I suggest if you have a forum which many or ur members play on stars, give them a reason to upload their stars avatar with your site logo. I guarantee you will see a nice jump in your traffics stats at little to no cost.
Neverwinpoker did this a while back, but after about two weeks everyone(20+ people) had their NWP avatar banned. I also put a url to my site in my avatar, and it only took 3 days before someone complained and I had the avatar removed.
Just putting a logo would be fine, but a url may cause problems.