News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 948
Default

I'm new to ClickBank, having just signed up for them to promote the Micon System program. So far I've had three sales with the last two coming since the price increase. I don't know if that's a good conversion or not for this type of product as I've never promoted this before.

Anyway, upon reading the ClickBank T&C's I see this:

Quote:
Customer distribution requirement.
ClickBank accounts cannot be used for the sole purpose of collecting rebates, or otherwise extending credit to yourself or others. To ensure compliance with US law, ClickBank will withhold payment of any account balance until it contains standing sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers, including at least one Visa card, and one MasterCard. PayPal and eCheck purchases do not count toward the minimum.

Holy shit man! You mean that I may have to wait for 10, 12, 15, or more sales HOPING that at least one each uses a Visa and Mastercard? Most people I know will use PayPal if given an option. Jesus man, echecks don't count either!

This is perhaps one of the worst policies I've ever seen. You really have to jump through hoops to get paid by these people. In the meantime, your balance is sitting in their pockets collecting interest. I wonder how many affiliates have just given up being paid by ClickBank due to this BS policy...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 880
Send a message via MSN to Kyle
Default

My guess is they have had a lot of fraud. You wouldnt believe what someone would do to save $20 sometimes.

Clickbank, like every other major affiliate program doesnt give a crap about the small affiliates, because they have individuals sending thousands of sales a day who they worry about keeping happy.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 948
Default

So has anyone had any conversions from this program?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,828
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Yes I have sold a few.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-01-2006, 10:26 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 948
Default

Micon has become a ghost around here. Jeremy, you need to call him and let him know that his landing page is three weeks old now! It still says yesterday referring to May 14th....

At least have him write a damn script that changes the dates.

No wonder it's not converting well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-01-2006, 10:59 AM
checkingout checkingout is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 359
Default

Once he never came through with a sample for people he wanted to promote, everything else was a moot issue IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-01-2006, 11:33 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,067
Default

I wanted to promote it as well but couldnt get a hold of him through pm.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 PM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 366
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

Sounds like he just disappeared from around here and left everyone that got excited about promoting his system hanging.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 366
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

According to NeverWinPoker.com I don't think he's been doing very well in tournaments lately....maybe too many people are now using the Micon System.... B)
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 948
Default

My guess is that the whole thing was a passing fancy for him anyway. If I was winning even 10K a week in tourneys I wouldn't mess with anything else either.

Can't say I blame him but still very weak to just drop off the face of the earth like that. If they don't change that damn landing page I'm going to stop promoting it anyway.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0