News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to getting stuck on the same few sites I promote. But I would like to open up a discussion and list some things that will entice you to promote a new site or bring a new product into your affiliate portfolio.

I think it would be good for some of our sponsors or even lurkers to read.

I will start by saying that it all starts and ends with the relationship for me. I need to feel like my AM is a business partner and not just a person on the other end of an email.

Discuss..............
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-07-2006, 10:35 AM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 306
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

For me personally, to consider a new program their has to be "value" in it. Basically more money for me (higher MGR%), & something extra for my customers. A special freeroll, special tourney for WSOP qualifiers, Nice VIP club that rewards my players with something tangible. While freerolls have some value, most freerolls are a little lame to be honest. I deal almost exclusively with high limit, quality players who generarte significant rake, and most of my players don't care much about freerolls, with the possible exception of WPT & WSOP freerolls as long as the payouts are reasonable.

Party's VIP club is actually pretty decent now, players can get IPods, computers, etc. If a new site wants to compete they have to at least match the industry leaders like Party & Pokerstars Vip offerings. If they want to do more than just "compete", and want to build their player base and market share they should exceed the offerings of the top sites and give players and affiliates a reason to be interested in the site

One of the key problems with most new poker sites is traffic, not enough games at higher limits. New sites should seriously consider joining an established network wich offers a wide variety of games.

Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:07 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,383
Default

jungle poker rules
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2006, 03:09 PM
daniels25 daniels25 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 160
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adioking@May 7 2006, 11:07 PM
There are many key things involved when choosing a new site to promote. Actually, I just began to promote a new site called Jungle Poker

I picked Jungle Poker over sites such as Poker Heaven for several reasons, and they all relate to professionalism. The minute I visited this site, I knew that they were serious about their business. You can tell by the fact that they have everything ready to go. They are starting their company just like Full Tilt Poker started theirs.

If you didn't know, FTP started out with a month or two of play money action. They didn't just "announce" their site like Stacks did. They let players feed their "buzz hunger" by giving them tables to play at right away, which also allowed them to have a large assortment of BETA testers.

As for Poker Heaven, I just wasn't impressed by them. I don't know what it is, but small things such as the appearance of their site, their marketing materials, and the Intergrated marketing promotions plan didn't appeal to me.

So the basic things that impress me all revolve around first impression and professionalism.

dAn

Jungle is far from ready. Whenever you get knocked out of a tournament it logs you out of the software. Regardless of whether you're playing another table or not.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
Rockstar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 393
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

I think an affiliate manager contacting me here on PAW would get me to look much more seriously at them. I get emails and crap all the time, but theyre never very personal. If I got a pm from an AM, it would feel more like they actually are interested in working with me.

-Justin
__________________
Justin Goff (My blog, just the name for SEO reasons)

A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are built for.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2006, 10:38 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Caribbean
Posts: 398
Default

Quote:
If I got a pm from an AM, it would feel more like they actually are interested in working with me.

I believe this is many times viewed as spamming by the AM.

What is the consensus on this from others? If an affiliate manager contacts you via the boards, do you view this as spam?

Thanks,
Mark
__________________
Focalclick
Sunpoker.com - 100 WSOP packages now available - OneSickPromo - $1000 CPA offers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SunPoker.com@May 9 2006, 10:38 AM
I believe this is many times viewed as spamming by the AM.

What is the consensus on this from others? If an affiliate manager contacts you via the boards, do you view this as spam?
Not anywhere near as much as automated emails.

I'd personally take a PM or message from an AM here, much more seriously.
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I encourage our sponsored AM's to personally contact individuals through this board. The way I see it if an AM is willing to work hard and pursue my business, they will work even harder once they earn it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2006, 11:22 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 310
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SunPoker.com@May 9 2006, 10:38 AM
Quote:
If I got a pm from an AM, it would feel more like they actually are interested in working with me.

I believe this is many times viewed as spamming by the AM.

What is the consensus on this from others? If an affiliate manager contacts you via the boards, do you view this as spam?

Thanks,
Mark
Not if it is personal.

Sending a bunch of PMs that say "Hey, ever thought of promoting xxx poker room, they're awesome" would be spammy...

but sending an individual a PM "Hey [username], I like your site whatever.com and would love to have you promote my poker room xxx poker on it. Ever considering becoming an affiliate of our program?" would be generally well received
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0