News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-05-2006, 07:24 PM
PokerNerd PokerNerd is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5
Default

Hey all,

I have finished writing a solid online poker strategy e-book and am wondering what would most likely be a better approach for promoting it... (Obviously the best approach is to simply test both ideas and see what works best, but what do you think would be a more successful plan to start out with)

1) Give the book away for free as an incentive to sign up with a featured card room using a CPA signup method. (I have already contacted numerous poker sites and virtually all of them have said they would be willing to work with me on it)

2) Sell the book on clickbank for a fixed cost. (I already have a top-selling bodybuilding e-book on clickbank, so I have experience with this). I could then promote online poker rooms within the e-book using affiliate links.

I'll try both methods, but what would you guess would be a better method overall for total profit?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
Default

It all depends on........ what's in it for me?

Quote:
1) Give the book away for free as an incentive to sign up with a featured card room using a CPA sign up method. (I have already contacted numerous poker sites and virtually all of them have said they would be willing to work with me on it)

If your book is the same old regurgatated poker strategy crap I've seen a hundred times on the internet I wont be signing up at your featured poker room....where I probably already have an account anyways.

Quote:
Sell the book on clickbank for a fixed cost. (I already have a top-selling bodybuilding e-book on clickbank, so I have experience with this). I could then promote online poker rooms within the e-book using affiliate links.

Unless you are a true poker expert, like a name I recognize from TV ..... I probably wont be shelling out $50 of my hard earned dollars for your ebook sight unseen.

I'm not trying to discourage you...... I'm trying to get you to think like your potential..... and always very skeptical, online customer.


Just for starters.

Give every member on this forum a free copy. I'm sure the quality of the product will be something they will be proud to promote to their valued website visitors.

Offer a fair affiliate percentage deal to promote it on their websites.

If you have a quality product...... it is that simple to get great results.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-05-2006, 10:45 PM
PokerNerd PokerNerd is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5
Default

I appreciate your input, but you gave your answer as if YOU were the customer yourself.... If you already play a good deal of online poker and are the "mad genius of SEO" as your name says then you don't represent the typical customer looking for online poker info.

I do have experience in e-book marketing and while I agree that having a reputation in your given field is important, powerful ad copy is what does the majority of the selling.

My question is simply if you think that greater profits could be make from giving the book away as an incentive (players signup at a featured card room and in return they receive a copy of the book) or selling the book on clickbank and promoting poker rooms within it.

It'll be one or the other, and since I don't have much experience as an online poker affiliate, I was just wondering what you guys thought would be the better approach.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-05-2006, 11:50 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,067
Default

I used to have an ebook which I did both. I never really liked the whole ebook thing though. No doubt in my mind push the signups over purchases. Most people will signup rather than purchase. When I was pushing that little thing it made like 2k a month but wasn't worth the hassle. Half the people say they signup when they didnt and most of the time they mess up when signing up and then they get pissed when you didnt give it to them for free. Mine is so outdated I don't even bother with it but there's a couple really good ways to sell poker ebooks other than the conventioanl methods. I'll have to keep those under lock and key just in case.

Honestly, if I were to do it all over again. Id put the entire thing up for free, stick a bunch of well positioned affiliate links in the ebook and get a ton of copies out hoping for signups that way.

Later
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 AM
PokerNerd PokerNerd is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks for your thoughts hoursurfer.

I definitely think that the signup method would have a higher conversion rate than the purchase method... but the other side of it is that with the purchase method I can recruit affiliates and that might make up the difference by driving far more traffic to my site.

Your other idea of simply giving the book away for free and placing some affiliate links inside is a good idea also...

I guess I'll test all 3 and see what works best.

2k a month for a small project like this is fine with me.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0