General Poker Affiliate DiscussionThe Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!
Did anyone else notice that after you download the new windows update all flash ads now have a gray box around them and when you hover over them it says "click to activate and use this control"? You end up having to click them twice just to get it to go to the site.
I did a little research and it looks like it is something that Microsoft added in their last update.
Not exactly sure of the details, but looks like Microsoft isn't supporting flash in their new IE updates.
This is really a pain in the ass and almost makes me think I should just go back to all .gif and .jpg ads.
Anyone else notice this? Any thoughts on how or when this might change or am I just worried about nothing?
Bryan
__________________
Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it. Bill Phillips
Left Holding the Bag
Of course, there's another possibility. Microsoft and other browser manufacturers could accept the ruling, and license the technology from Eolas, which would avoid all this clicking and recoding. But by making this announcement, Microsoft has let us know that it doesn't care about how much work you have to do, nor does it care about the millions of users who will be inconvenienced by the changes.
The outcome of the lawsuit is clear. There are two winners. Eolas wins because the patent was upheld, meaning the multimillion dollar lawsuit award has a much better chance of being upheld as well. Microsoft wins because by making some minor changes to its browser code, it avoids having to spend yet more millions to license an idea that should not have been patentable to begin with. But make no mistake: You lose
Damn Microsoft! Cough up the money. You're making it extremely hard on webmasters here.
Here's is the link to what's going on if you want to read about how this is going to affect your visitors experience...
http://www.devx.com/webdev/Article/3...k=DXRSS_WEBDEV
Bryan
__________________
Half of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up to get it. Bill Phillips
yeah, what a pain
I've been dealing with this for years, they lost the first lawsuit years back.
I have all my object tags updated now using FlashObject (google that too
Best solution I know of currently, especially if you are running multiple Flash files.
Another pain in our collective arses, courtesy of Mr. Gates
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Thanks for the info. I do have a question though. I googled it and this is what it said to do:
Quote:
Using FlashObject is easy. Simply include the flashobject.js Javascript file, then use a small amount of Javascript on your page to embed your Flash movie. Here is an example showing the minimum amount of code needed to embed a Flash movie: