
Hey Justin, thanks for the kind words. This is my first post here, but after meeting Jeremy in Amsterdam I'm sure I'll be visiting here more often.
Here are the top three things, in order of importance, that I think helped PocketFives grow to what it is:
1. Lots of hard work and long hours from three capable people that work well together and have clearly defined roles. The three owners work on the site full time now and we're all passionate about what we do.
2. An idea for a site that was well-received by the target audience (obvious, but still critical)
3. Knowing and meeting the right people that helped our community expand.
I was Internal Marketing Manager for Rivals.com, a large college sports network, before starting PocketFives. Riley was a programmer for LegalBill.com, a very sharp guy and close friend who built P5s from scratch. We brought on Adam while the site was still being built for content. He was another close friend and serious poker player who had already made quite a few contacts with big names in the online poker world. Hope this helps shed some light on the background of our site.
|