News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2006, 02:48 AM
HT0 HT0 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
Default

Hi.

I received an email from the poker ad network which said they wanted one of my sites to join the network.

Do any of you have any experience with this network? Is it worth it?
Do they pay on time?

Thanks..
__________________
Black Jack Card Counting Strategy x Crazy Pineapple Poker
Black Jack Betting Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-2006, 06:10 AM
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Yes they pay on time.

I had a LOT of problems with them not having enough ads to fill my space so I practically dropped them out, just using them as a filler now.
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2006, 06:16 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

They've spammed me too.

As someone here (I think) once said - why would you want CPC or CPM ads on your site when you can make a hell of a lot more promoting affiliate programs directly.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2006, 06:49 AM
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 321
Default

A lot of places do it... www.pokerforums.org is a large(ish) site that does it.

I do it, I do it on all my sites because I think its a lot easier to manage.

I had some big hosting site years ago when hosting affiliating was a major business but I didn't affiliate then either.
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Woah - hold on, you're getting confused. Selling private advertising at the right price is a GREAT idea. Using CPM or CPC networks is NOT a good idea what-so-ever.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2006, 08:16 AM
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Why?

If you have a lot of traffic you normally can't sell it all privately unless you are doing monthly deals instead of CPM/CPC.

I think if there was a network that has a high % rate for poker they could do very well, just like the normal ad networks, casale for example.

I can't remember what the rate is for PAN but they are a good filler if you can't get everything sold privately.
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

The point is, private advertising you decide the pricing, you workout how much that banner would make you as an affilliate, add a bit and sell it. An ad network decides the income for you, and they are making money off of your misfortune - think about it, all these people buyins adverts and paying you CPC - they MUST be earning a profit for it to continue to run.

Generally on websites adsense is used for content sites that have no directly related products to sell, or products that aren't available online. Anyone who runs a website on a subject that does have an affiliate related program will tell you there is a lot more money selling products and earning a commission rather than being payed per visit and letting the advertiser earn money instead of you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Yeah I know but that's why they are used as a filler

I.e. only used to fill extra space that you haven't sold yet yourself.

This is really good for sites that get tens of thousands of uniques per day, it takes a lot of work trying to sell private ad space but if you have a network that can take advantage of any extra space you have.

I use PAN as a filler so its nothing I rely on for a lot of money, its just giving me extra that I would have missed out on otherwise
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2006, 02:35 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,347
Default

It takes very little work to sell ad space in the poker market.

Running a poker ad network is setting fire to money. The only possible reason to do it would be to put it on a large network of abandoned sites to scrap up miscellenaous pennies.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 321
Default

That's exactly what I'm doing

I run them if I have an empty space in my rotation (Normally only do for a few days max) and in my vbulletin archive.

They are doing really bad though, I don't know why they are looking for more publishers because they have a really low fill rate.
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0