Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Initially when Paradise launched Blackjack I was a bit apprehensive......however I've got a player that has either won the lottery or has gone absolutely mad.

This guy is dropping ridiculous coin every day.

It makes me think of what a lucrative market online casinos can be. I realize that by having blackjack, sportsbook, or casino revenue in your portfolio can open you up to more short term exposure but really long term I don't see why you would not want to have BJ in your bag.

Oh and one last thing....................Thank God I am not on CPA at Paradise. That would be awful.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,574
Default

For an affiliate like you to actually notice a large difference in statistics this guy must REALLY be dropping some coin...

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
this guy must REALLY be dropping some coin...
Every day I check my stats at Paradise is like pulling the lever on a $1000 slot machine....... :lol: :lol:

Odds are he or she is about broke though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2006, 12:04 AM
ChosenOne ChosenOne is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 60
Default

I'm pretty upset about the way that Party determines how much an affiliate gets from blackjack revenue. "Hous Win Percentage" as they like to call it, is a joke. I have a player under my affiliate account who dropped 65k playing blackjack in the first week that it opened. I know this because he is a friend of mine. Anyways, if I was getting 20% (which is low in the first place), I should have received 13k, but with their House Win Revenue scheme, I ended up getting 4k. I know the benefit of it is that you can't lose, but give me a break. You can't lose in the long run anyways if you are the house (and as an afiliate, your basically part of the house).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

I wish PartyGaming would give us a percentage of the net loss. You can have a guy lose 10,000 on blackjack and make as little as 20 bucks. If they are concerned that affiliates are worried about negative balances, then it would be nice if they provided an option between the two. 20% of the house edge or 20% of the net loss. Sometimes my House MGR exceeds my Poker MGR for the month. I can't imagine how much these guys are losing.

PartyCasino pays the same, 20% of the house edge. If you guys are going to promote casinos, then I would send them elsewhere, unless they decide to pay out based on net loss.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2006, 01:16 AM
ChosenOne ChosenOne is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 60
Default

I couldn't agree with you more Richard. THere definately should be a choice avaliable to affiliates. However, I'm sure that Partypoker isn't thinking that their affiliates are concerned with losing money if someone wins at blackjack. This is just simply a way for them to make more money (by cutting into an affiliates share of the profit). While I don't agree with there scheme, it does make some sense for them simply because they can get away with it. No upstart casino could possible get away with this type of promotion for their affiliates, but Party on the other hand can because of their multi million player base and brand name that they allready have established. Afterall, Party is a business and a pretty damn smart one, so all the power to them (unfortunately)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2006, 08:39 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 984
Default

Guys, you need to think about it from the other perspective. If these players had WON 65K on Party and you got dinged so far in the hole that you wouldn't turn a profit in 6 months, then what you would say?

I have a guy on Paradise that takes one day swings so big I'm in the negative OVERALL for the month. The next day he may take a hit and I'm back in the money, it's a big gamble but one I'm prepared to deal with. My affiliate portfolio is large enough and spread evenly so that I don't have to lose sleep over these sorts of things.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-24-2006, 01:26 PM
ChosenOne ChosenOne is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 60
Default

I have thought about if a player wins 65k and I think I can speak for Richard when I say that he has too. How could you not be willing to take that risk? This business is all about the BIG PICTURE. In the long run, if people are playing Blackjack, or any game where there is a house edge, they will lose and the house will win. This is not a hard concept to understand. Do you know anyone who is up gambling over the course of lets say a minimum of 5 years? (When I say gambling, I'm not talking about poker, card counters...etc. I'm talking about people who play games with the odds stacked against them) I highly doubt it.
Give me the 20% of net loss and I'll take that 'gamble' all day long that they (being the players under me) are not going to win.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 984
Default

I either missed your point or you missed mine. I take that gamble all day long, it appeared that you were thinking different but I misread.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-24-2006, 05:07 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ChosenOne@Feb 24 2006, 12:26 PM
Give me the 20% of net loss and I'll take that 'gamble' all day long that they (being the players under me) are not going to win.
Not the point, as Georgia Poker explained.

1) Some affiliates whine like the devil about carryovers. What is fair about a 65k loss one month, then expecting a cut of a 1k win the next month? Nothing obviously.

2) 99% of affiliates who took a 65k loss in a month would never promote the cardroom again for one second in their lives. Even though most players lose casino games, why should a cardroom make it so they lose a significant percentage of their affiliates every month?

3) The looney whining some affiliates do over just about anything is a headache to be avoided if possible. The "my poker players were producing too much so they invented massive blackjack losses" posts would eventually be pretty numerous.

4) Math is our friend. Forget whales. If a casino made $12 from each blackjack player, all you want is your fair percentage of that. Big winners, big losers, big deal. You wanna gamble, then play gambling games. You want to be in business, then just take your share of the overall profits from a business partnership.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brainstorming El_Maximo General Poker Affiliate Discussion 237 10-25-2007 06:59 PM
Selling My Blackjack Website indieangler The Poker Affiliate Exchange 14 02-23-2007 04:53 PM
Blackjack Commissions Rachna06 UltimateBet.com 0 01-11-2007 09:56 AM
Have you ever played Hold'em Blackjack? SunPoker.com SunPoker.com - FocalClick 0 09-20-2006 04:14 PM
Party Blackjack stats acting weird pokerguy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 11-02-2005 04:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0