News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-21-2006, 12:18 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 175
Default

So what exactly makes up a page rank? Is it the amount of incoming traffic? Is it the amount of incoming links pointed at you? Thanks for any help.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of a way to check incoming links for a site. I know there are quite a few I have done a link exchange with, but when I check google it shows nothing pointed at me (also nothing outgoing either which is definitely wrong)

Thanks much

Dave

www.uclapokerplayers.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 890
Send a message via MSN to Kyle
Default

go to msn.com and type link:yourdomain.com for a backlink check.

Page Rank is the popularity of your site
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Pokerboy Pokerboy is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 111
Default

PR has nothing to do with traffic. Traffic comes from correct optimization - PR comes from great links...and is a one of the elements which creates traffic. PR is also one of the factors with determines how often google will spider your site.

PR is the "value" of incoming links. One high PR link can give your site a high PR...loads of low PR links can do the same.
Also remember that a link from a high PR page with loads of outgoing links will have less value than a similar link from a page with few outgoing links.

Lets say you get a few PR4 links and maybe some PR 1,2 and 3's. If you manage to get a RP3 on your index page this PR will be passed on to your subpages - usually loosing one point pr. link

your index.html will be PR3 and your pokerroom.html will be a PR2 if there is a direct link from your index.html to pokerroom.html.
__________________
Free Poker Tournament Listings for fellow webmasters.

Visit a great ressource for online poker tournament listings. Maybe you are looking for freeroll poker tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 126
Default

when I check my back links at msn, it only gives 2. I have done 30-40 in the last couple days, is there possibly a delay?
__________________
Diversify your poker income - Promote the Sit N Go, N Win! System Now!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Pokerboy Pokerboy is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by themike537@Feb 21 2006, 02:48 PM
when I check my back links at msn, it only gives 2. I have done 30-40 in the last couple days, is there possibly a delay?
maybe...try yahoo as well.

Also when you do a link exchange remember to check for nofollow tags and other funny stuff....people might remove your link aftere a week or so...
__________________
Free Poker Tournament Listings for fellow webmasters.

Visit a great ressource for online poker tournament listings. Maybe you are looking for freeroll poker tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 175
Default

Weird, I tried it on MSN and am getting 14 but they are mostly just forum posts. When I check yahoo I have none at all...is that weird?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2006, 05:01 PM
tke1600 tke1600 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ucladave@Feb 21 2006, 06:48 PM
Weird, I tried it on MSN and am getting 14 but they are mostly just forum posts. When I check yahoo I have none at all...is that weird?
link:http://www.uclapokerplayers.com

It shows you have 61 on yahoo...


tke1600
__________________
Get the latest poker fish lists, online poker reviews , information for playing online poker , and online casino bonus reviews
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

Yahoo is best for link checking, but both it and MSN don't crawl the web nearly as well as Google so you never get a true picture no matter what.

Mostly though, knowing your links doesn't help much of anything. Knowing other people's links does, since you can find potential good places to get links from.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-21-2006, 08:10 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 175
Default

Thanks, I now see the 61 showing in yahoo, not sure what I did earlier to not find them but maybe a typo. However, Im showing none for google at all when I try it there. Am I doing something wrong yet again?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2006, 12:16 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,351
Default

link:http://www.uclapokerplayers.com

Yeah none on Google, but that means nothing. Ignore the Gogle link command. It's useless and unimportant.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0