News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Four2Eight Feet Four2Eight Feet is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 144
Default

Need some help. I had a friend log on to my site and sign up at Party. When the landing page for Party comes up there is a different tracker ID in the address page.
I know they signed up correctly because I watched them put in the info. I am using the follwing link and after doing a search for problems like this believe they are correct:

When the landing page for Party comes up there it looks like this:
http://www.partypoker.com/index4.htm?wm=2238044
They signed up on Thursday and as now (Sat. morning) have not shown up in my account.
Shouldn't the numbers match or at least be my affiliate ID. Has anybody ever had this happen and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks
John
__________________
F2E
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-19-2005, 07:24 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 927
Default

This might be a "cookie" issue.

This person or someone at the person's computer may have visited Party before via someone else's ID.

This is why tracking codes are more effective as I think they "override" the URL link.???

Go to Internet Tools, then Options, then clear cookies and clear files and it should clear.

CHRIS
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-19-2005, 10:08 AM
tml tml is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Canada, eh
Posts: 84
Send a message via MSN to tml
Default

About the cookies, if someone visited party and then 5 days later visited again through my link, who sould get the player?
__________________
"A grown man made a wager, he lost..he made another one, he lost again...end of story" Tony Soprano

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-19-2005, 10:18 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 927
Default

Not you. Unless they deleted their cookies.

I think.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-19-2005, 11:44 AM
pokernut pokernut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 134
Default

The bonus code overrides all url and cookies. The bonus code rules when it comes to who gets credit.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
The bonus code overrides all url and cookies. The bonus code rules when it comes to who gets credit.

................................Except at Full Tilt.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Four2Eight Feet Four2Eight Feet is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 144
Default

Ok, now I have tried this at several different computers and I am still getting this mystery code. Other than calling Party support (I would rather be dipped in honey and layed on a fire ant hill ), can anybody give me any other clues.....doesn't seem to be a "cookie" problem. Thanks for the help guys.

John
__________________
F2E
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2005, 10:08 PM
mitchtam mitchtam is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 57
Default

Same thing happened to me just now! Look at my site www.partypoker.ph and you see what he means. Click affilaites and then sign up and the 2238044 code pops up!!!

WTF?????
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2005, 10:18 PM
mitchtam mitchtam is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 57
Default

Agreed...I dont know squat about computers but it seems that some has hijacked my sight!!!

How can I check guys??

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-26-2005, 09:18 AM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy@Mar 19 2005, 12:59 PM
Quote:
The bonus code overrides all url and cookies. The bonus code rules when it comes to who gets credit.

................................Except at Full Tilt.
Yep except Full Tilt, I had a long discussion with them about this too.

Post the url I'll take a look at whats going on, see if I find anything.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0