News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2006, 09:48 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 529
Default

Okay, so I've been toying with this idea for a little while and I'm thinking about going ahead with it. I've seen a good number of affiliates who want to display updated poker news but either don't want to write it themselves or don't know how to get it. I don't have a problem keeping up with poker news since I already do it for my own site. Before I commit myself to it, what I'd like to know is how many affiliates here would use an RSS poker news feed on their site if I made it available? Trying to gauge the interest here...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

there are so many out there though, its a pretty full market.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2006, 10:10 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 529
Default

True enough... I still see a lot of affiliates ask about it and/or who don't keep up with their news section, though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

if you can make it so I can have the pages go onto my page, and I can customize so its not dup content, then i would, otherwise why would I not go to a big site to get my news
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2006, 04:51 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 937
Default

because everyone pulls their news from the big sites. ie bigtime dup content

Got one about ready myself
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Flopster Flopster is offline
Promoting since 2004
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 302
Default

I would be interested if it was customizable. I have a bit of a problem displaying press releases by other affiliates :huh:
__________________
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-22-2006, 10:31 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 529
Default

Alright, well that settles that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 889
Send a message via MSN to Kyle
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stillshadow@Jan 23 2006, 12:31 AM
Alright, well that settles that.
keep your head up I think if you have the time to do a good job everyday then it is a great idea
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2006, 03:02 AM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 529
Default

Yeah, it's not really a big deal. To be honest, I'm swamped with adding new content to my sites all the time anyway so it might be a pain to get started. I was just curious to see if any interest was out there. The one advantage that my poker news feed would have to the huge-ies would be that by hosting it in an SE-friendly format it cures both male pattern baldness and obesity. I don't know where that came from... I have a bizarre sense of humor.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0