News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-18-2006, 05:54 PM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

It seems like a waste of memory and honestly an inconvenience to sort through all the bonus codes to see what's working and what's not. Imagine being able to delete old trackers, it would clean up the mess and allow you to focus better on the trackers that work.

Does anybody else find this to be an inconvenience?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 101
Default

It is to prevent people from using someone else's old code.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I actually had a concern about why Party trackers expired a few weeks back as I thought it was the dumbest thing in the world.................however after speaking with Party it did make sense. They have thousands of affiliates and literally thousands of new trackers being created on a daily basis.

They allow them to expire because it's the old 90/10 rule. Only 10% of the registered trackers generate revenue. If they were to allow all these trackers to stay active forever it would seriously overload the system. I think them expiring is essentially the same on their end as them being deleted. You can still see them in your back-end though so you can remember or gauge past marketing campaigns.

Although tracker expirations can be a pain in the ass, at least they alow you to gauge the conversions fom different campaigns or websites. Many aff. programs don't allow this.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-19-2006, 05:21 AM
faydman faydman is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: houston
Posts: 92
Send a message via AIM to faydman
Default

unfortunately, once a bonus code expires there is no way of "getting it back", as far as i know. correct me if i'm wrong.

i had printed up some flyers with a certain bonus code and absent-mindedly allowed it to expire. oops.
__________________
Holdem Tips
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2006, 06:26 AM
checkingout checkingout is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 363
Default

I believe they only expire if you have no players signed up through that code (real or play) for 90 days.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,414
Default

Just email them and they will extend your bonus code expiration. You also used to be able to do this fromt the affiliate panel.

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2006, 02:53 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by adioking@Jan 19 2006, 03:52 PM
Just email them and they will extend your bonus code expiration. You also used to be able to do this fromt the affiliate panel.

dAn
I think the panel still works. It goes down A LOT, but it still works like 60% of the time.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2006, 02:36 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

I understand why Party has expirations on trackers, that's not my complaint. I just wish I didn't have to scroll through 50 expired trackers to find the 3 to 4 that I'm using. Seems pretty useless to keep the expired trackers in view, they just get in the way. There's no reason that I can think of to keep them there. If it's expired, great, get them off the page.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2006, 12:01 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is online now
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 309
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

There are a couple of valid reasons for the trackers with expired bonus codes to still be listed in the software, namely:

So you can see if the promotion is still generating revenue
Track Player retention rates
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-21-2006, 01:17 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Thanks Karma for directly answering my question. I was curious why they kept them "in the software". I still believe they should give you the option of deleting them as they are more a benefit for the affiliate than they are Party Poker. I will talk to my affiliate manager about this.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0