Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-02-2005, 09:04 AM
joeblack joeblack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 59
Default

When I started out, I started promotion CASINOS. Got nothing! I figured since I knew nothing about casinos or blackjack was the reason.

Then came POKER!

Seeing that I knew alittle bit about poker and I loved playing it, then I could do something with it.

Sooo I scraped all of my casinos site, converted them over to POKER.
I have always been taught to GIVE SOMETHING AWAY and this will this attract traffic. So when I first started out I was giving away apart of my commissions when they signed up and was verified by the poker site. Usually something like $25, sometimes $50.

Came across Empire Poker! Loved Empire Poker. So I built an entire website around them. I only promoted Empire. With my $25 “gift” I have modest results. And when I say modest, I mean that I would for an example, put $25 in for PPC run..and from that I would be able to convert maybe 1 or 2. Ok, a little profit. Put in another $25..same thing.

I was and still am always on the CPA model. I guess I like instant results. I got a signup, bam! $125 paycheck. (back then it was $125, now it’s only $65)

So then I started to think outside the box…but not to far out.

I came up with the idea, if you sign up, I will transfer $50 into your account. Talked about with the manager. HAD TO: I need 100% assurance that A) The signup was a legit one – a new player under my account. And B) that Empire was going to pay me, even thou I was the one who transferred the money in.

This was working GREAT! Empire had an affiliate promotion going. Signup 50 more than last month and get an extra $5000 bonus.

Once I got close to the 50 – They pulled the plug on me. Fraud traffic they said!
I had already paid out somewhere around $1000+. I was getting no commission on those signups! I WAS PISSED!!!!

But I have never come close to that one month with Empire. I was on cloud nine, I was about to make like over $8,000+ that month.

Then they said, well we will pay $500 and convert you over to the higher MGR of 25% on all current players and future ones.

I THEN QUIT! For about 6 months.

I came back with Pacific Poker – giving away $25 after they signup and made a deposit. The safer way, you know.

But haven’t been do much. Been reading this forum, spent the last 6 weeks re-designing my site for the 100TH time. So hopefully this month will produce at least 5 to 8 RMP’s.

I now promote more than one site: Pacific Poker, Pokerroom, Party, Titan, Paradise.

I do not promote Empire, although every 2 or 3 months I get a $50 check from them.

Well, that’s my story – Sorry it’s sooo long.

NEW GUYS and OLD GUYS – Hang in there. I’m still hanging and I’m still waiting for that big big paycheck!!

Joe Black
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Well were going to be making less at Ap the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 02-17-2007 04:10 PM
External/Portable Hard Drive? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 12-20-2006 07:22 PM
This is hard Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 21 12-01-2005 08:39 AM
It'S HARD TO KISS THE LIPS AT Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Cocktail Lounge 0 07-09-2005 04:41 AM
It's Official........No Pink Bunny at The WSOP Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 25 05-23-2005 04:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0