Stumbled across this forum through reading through the WarriorForum.
Great to be part of this forum. I enjoyed catching up on the posts.
I have been pretty successful in a number of affiliate markets. But ever the believer in diversification, I was considering moving over to promoting gambling and particularly Poker.
My success strategy is pretty straight forward, and it works for most of the affiliate markets I aim at. Develop a good number of sites for a specific affiliate programme and optimise the pages on those sites for lots of low searched and uncompetitive search terms.
I do not mean spamming for those that are getting suspicious

- although iI think thius is an overused term when it comes to anything but the sending of unsolicited e-mails -
I aim to fill these pages with good content where it can be found. And if it cannot be found there are masses of articles that are free for distribution on most subjects that you can use (in an imaginative way so it is not duplicate content and still conforms to the TOC's of the distributing Article site)
The pharmacy industry is competitive, and this approach works well in that field. My assumption is that it would work in this area as well (as it has similar traits to the pharmacy affiliate business in competitiveness terms - but a far wider appeal).
I realise for the purists in a market this may be seen as a pretty dispassionate approach and to going straight for the money - and I do not mean it to sound that way - but this is business rather than for the love of the game.
So pick you market, does it pay, check if there is a demand and what the competition is, niche the market if it is large so the competition is not as fierce, hit that niche with what they are looking for (keywords on the internet) and SELL to high heaven when they hit your page - It may be the only chance you get.
I am of course assuming in the above statement that no name-squeeze autoresponder follow up exists.
Any thoughts on this approach, whether you believe it will work and whether this is the philosophy most of you take or do you do it for the love?
Kind regards
Richard.