Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-04-2005, 09:25 AM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Someone I met online is selling off a couple of domain names. We haven't discussed price yet, I was wondering how much you think these are worth (if anything):



POCKETCOWBOYS.COM

FINDHOMEGAMES.COM

HOMEPOKERGUIDE.COM

ONLINEPOKERPOINTS.COM

TWOFORTHEMONEY.ORG

WPTENTRIES.COM

I'm not in any hurry to buy any of these sites, since I am already working on a poker site already. I'm intrigued by some of these names, but not sure how much I should bid for them....
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Poker Coach Poker Coach is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 40
Default

Hey,

I wouldn't pay more than a $100 for any of those. I suppose pocketcowboys is kinda cool, you should be able to creatively think of new domain names that are free and available that would be at least as good as any of those.

Cheers!!

Roy

http://www.rakesecret.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 AM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Thanks coach.

I also liked pocketcowboys. I thought it would be a good name for a personal blog or something. Not sure how well it would perform SEO-wise.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-04-2005, 09:48 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Default

I like pocketcowboys.com too!
wptentries is just asking for trouble IMO.
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2005, 10:13 AM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

Domain names are not worth much if they do not have any type-in traffic. I doubt any of those names have any traffic.

If you are building a site in hopes of signing up new players, I would not go with pocketcowboys.com. Someone who is new to poker has no idea what pocket cowboys means and might be reluctant to visit your site.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2005, 10:18 AM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Hmmm... that's a good point. I keep forgetting that my target audience is newish players. THanks for the input!
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,022
Default

i like online poker points
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I wouldn't pay for any of those domain names. You can come up with something better than any of those and register it new.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 03:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 10:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0