Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-29-2005, 10:20 AM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Hey, i am thinking about writing a press release for my site to put up on PR Web, has anyone ever used this to help promote their site? Anybody have a good experience with them. Someone told me it gave their site a lot of good exposure. Thanks in advance, any help would be much appretiated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i paid thirty bucks, got about 200 hits from it. It will get search engine rankings if their is not much competition so account for that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 528
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

I paid $90 or so and I have to be honest, it didn't bring much at all, apart from a few links..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-2005, 11:59 AM
MarkusS MarkusS is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 176
Default

I think that the day you launch a new site that you intend to put energy into longterm that doing a $120 pressrelease on PRWeb is probably a good idea.

The $80 level already gives you ultimate SE exposure but the extra $40 gets you better exposure at the PRWeb website, which if it gets you atleast one RMP then pays for itself. Not saying it always will but I reckon it's worth it longterm.

Also when you reach the $80 level you get guaranteed inclusion in Yahoo news etc, unless you pressrelease stinks totally, and I believe but this is just a theory, that the searchengines MIGHT take this into account slightly in the SERPS as to how trusted your domain is. When you are starting out with a totally fresh domain anything that might easily distinguish you from all the new spam domains out there and speed you up to the higher positions is useful.

I don't do paid pressreleases for all poker websites I open but certainly for the ones I put a lot of work into.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here's an example of a very well written press release that Randy and I recently did. I don't think PR's are going to give you magical numbers of RMP's but it is just one more peice of the puzzle and probably a nessecity when opening up and promoting a new site.


http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/10/prweb303101.htm
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2005, 03:13 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Jeremy - I assume you did the 120 dollar press release, right?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No, I did the $81 press release and yesterday had about 120 visitors to the site from the link in that PR.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-29-2005, 03:23 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Does PR web show you those stats? Or do you have your own stat tracker, which do you use, sorry if that is a very "beginner" type question to be asking...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

PR Web will give you stats but not actual traffic stats about if your link was followed. I use my own traffic program for this.

On the PR mentioned above I have had 23,000 reads, 528 pick-ups, and 12 prints resulting in 120+ actual hits to this site. Here is a screenshot of how your stats look.

PRweb Screenshot
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-2005, 01:28 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Just wondering if anyone could help me find the site that shows the popularity of certain key words when submitting a press release, does one exist?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0