Quote:
| what do the poker affiliate programs think of these webmasters |
It depends on the affiliate program, but from what I have seen over the years, Empire Poker is the biggest supporter of spam sites. I have pointed this out to them several times, but have never received a response. It is one of the reasons for lower conversions at Empire - chances are that one of your visitors has previously clicked on a spammer affiliated with Empire (and in many cases, has been automatically redirected) so you will not get credit for sending your player to them.
I'm not sure about the other poker rooms, but I imagine that they don't care too much if it is SE spam. Some have official
email spam policies, but SE spam is often a gray area.
Since I am often negative, I should post something positive too. Stephen at Paradise helped me out (I believe by sending an email along the lines of that it was not an acceptable practice for their affiliates) when a Paradise affiliate copied my content. It's not exactly the same thing, but I can see certain poker rooms setting higher standards for their affiliates than others. I applaud those that value their reputation over the quick buck.