Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Egthareal Egthareal is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: I'm Rich Bitch
Posts: 267
Default

I find myself staying up till 2:05AM PST everynight just to check my stats for the next day.

Anyone else do this?

I bet some will now that I posted it

--EG
__________________
Affiliate Consultant Extraordinaire.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Does anyone NOT stay up late too check their stats?
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 08:59 AM
richardb richardb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 603
Default

I remember when the stats were updated at 10PM PST. I am snoring at 2:05am. I check my stats at 6am PST everyday.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 10:10 AM
mongoose mongoose is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Default

once daily - 7 AM EST,
__________________
some poker rules and little texas holdem strategy can sure be entertaining
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Some software geek should design a program that would automatically log into all your affiliate accounts and take snaphots of your stats. It gets a little tedious. I check my big accounts every morning when I wake up, but the others I check every few days.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Ritch111 Ritch111 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Ritch111
Default

I really wish they were updated in real time, fine I'll take a five minute delay. Income access is pretty sweet.

Ritch
__________________
If you think of something, someone has already thought of it first.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 416
Default

When I started out in affiliate marketing three years ago, hocking lingerie, diet pills, online dateing..........I was obsessed with checking my stats.

Many new affiliates fall into this trap. Please don't become one of them.

I use to stay to 4:00 AM every night to check my stats from SBI, CJ, Linkshare , ShareASale, online marketing forums, SEO forums and countless other websites.

I can tell you from experience that this is a huge, and I mean a HUGE waste of your time and energy. Especially for newbies.

To make it in affiliate marketing no matter what you're selling, you must use your time wisely, especially if this is just a part time gig for you and you're pressed for time.

Believe me the comepetition is getting INSANE in the world of online affiliate marketing, everybody with a computer is giving it a shot and some of them are very smart cookies.

To get ahead of the competition and make some money you MUST do the following.

1. Write new content for your website everyday. It doesn't have to be a masterpeice, just add a short, keyword ritch article to your website every chance you get. Nothing will increase your traffic like fresh content.

2. Exchange links with other high quality poker, and gambling related websites.

A few members of this forum have contacted me for a link exchange but not one of them could offer me descent exchange. My top link page has a Google PR of 4, and all of my others link pages I believe are PR 3's.

Everyone from this forum who has requested a link from me may have a PR of 3 or 4 on their homepage, but their link pages, where my link would be placed, has a PR of 0. This has absolutely no value for me, so the answer to every one of those link requested has been no, so far.

No SEO informed webmaster will to give you a PR 4 or 3 link, when all they get from you is a big zero. Youv'e got to spread that PR to your link pages guy's if you want to get valueable incoming links to your websites.

I love chatting with my fellow affiliates as much as the next guy, and there is a lot to be learned from forums like Jeremey's, but just reading about how to make money wont add a penny to your bank account.

Becoming obsessed with stats can be a HUGE waste of your time.

PartyPoker stats, visitor stats, page view stats, Alexa stats or any stats.

Use your limited, valuable time to build your business and make yourself more money.

You've got to put in the work to make the bucks.
__________________
Where Is The Big Money Today? Old-School Poker Affiliate Tactics Are Just Not Enough Anymore!
Learn How To Send Massive Amounts Of Free Traffic To Your Poker Sites With Viral Web 2.0 Strategies.
Don't Get Left In The Dust By Your Competition! - Grab Your Share Of The Poker Pie Before They Do.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 03-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dave that was one of the best posts I've read in a while................so true though.

When I first started I was in the same boat............now I still check my big dogs every day but I am not obsessed with them.

I have learned so much about SEO from this forum so far courtesy of folks like you. I have done very well with offline promotion and driving raw traffic to sites but if I had one weakness or hole in my affiliate business, it is SEO.

Regarding Alexa, I don't put much steak into that. Yea it's great but PR is much more important if your trargeting keywords and trying to build your search engine traffic.

Another important take away I got from your last post was "Use your time wisely", so true as well. I used to surf message boards, play online, check email, and every other damn thing when I should have been working. It is inevitable that in this business you'll have 1000 ideas running through your mind but only enough time to develop a few. Being a "Super Affilliate" is like being a pro poker player, it takes focus and hard work.

Thanks Dave
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 AM
mongoose mongoose is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 54
Default

i agree, overzelous stats-checking is not a good use of your time. and it's an easy trap to fall into as well.

as for the importance of pr in ranking, newbies, don't think it is a failsafe indicator. just because you have a pr6 does not mean your site will rank, so don't chase it and think that it alone can bring rankings and the joys of free search engine traffic.

Quote:
No SEO informed webmaster will to give you a PR 4 or 3 link, when all they get from you is a big zero.
hmmm, that's a little harsh sounding. i'll agree that when doing link exchanges webmasters will look for trades of equal value. but just because someone doesn't have pr, that's not the death of it all. what if yahoo loves them like a son? they'd still be a good link partner, for that search engine. i guess it depends on which basket you plan on placing your eggs.

- mongoose
__________________
some poker rules and little texas holdem strategy can sure be entertaining
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PAW stats - delayed on purpose. Why? Marius Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 1 12-28-2006 09:51 AM
check stats on fulltilt? kuzma General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 11-11-2006 06:25 PM
Double check your Party stats Flopster General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 11-06-2005 01:21 PM
Trying to check my stats on party FattyOwnz General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 08-23-2005 09:40 AM
888 stats check bfuchs General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 08-15-2005 09:04 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0