Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Any thoughts on having a .net or .org for a commercial website. Obviously you will not get any type in traffic but I'm more concerned about the business ethics of it. Obviously way back when all these extensions had specific uses but with so many .com's taken it seems that you see alot more commercial sites using the .net and .org extensions.

Just curious to hear some of your thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 AM
texignweb texignweb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to texignweb Send a message via MSN to texignweb
Default

.net is perfectly fine when using it for commercial reasons. But I prob wouldnt use .org just becuase its not the right thing to do.
__________________
Josh Ziman
[email protected]

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, your probably right."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:52 AM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 356
Default

Pfff... I used .org's all the time
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-2005, 02:37 AM
SImpson975 SImpson975 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 82
Default

.org is supposed to be non-profit companys.

Anyway i would never get anything but .com if i was planning to do any kind of offline promotion. Thats just giving whoever has the .com free traffic.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2005, 03:23 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 95
Default

If I really wanted the net or org adress I would take it even if it was slightly unethical. However I would rather take an info adress than a net or org since I like the feeling of it better :-)
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2005, 12:04 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,159
Default

They'll all SEO the same, type ins like Jeremy mentioned are the biggest problem.
.org's I use as they were originally intended.

The biggest problem with non .com's IMO, is it looks like you're a JohnnyComeLately or a Ripoff or Both! =)

my 2 pesos
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

.net was initially intended for a personal website.

.org was initially intended for an organization's website, specifically a non-profit.

Since there's no barrier to entry (i.e. anyone can register either TLD), I'd say anything goes. I don't see it as an ethical issue at all.

From a business and branding perspective, I think almost anyone would be better off with the .com version, and if you're creative, you can probably come up with a good one still. You can also still buy .com's too.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.net and .com ordeal at WSOP Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 08-05-2006 04:11 AM
.com vrs .org Brandon Search Engine Optimization 4 03-04-2006 06:26 PM
Bonus Codes Versus Redirects Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 02-20-2006 01:32 PM
.Net as good as .com in Search Engines? adioking Search Engine Optimization 4 07-09-2005 10:32 PM
Dedicated Server versus Shared hosting Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 03-19-2005 08:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0