Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-23-2005, 08:06 PM
BCPoker BCPoker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7
Default

Hey guys, so I decided I'm gonna launch a site dedicated to poker at my campus (i.e. ohiostatepoker.com) and for the launch I wanted to have a Freeroll Tourney. Now what would be the best site for this? I was thinking of Paradise because Stephen is a pretty good manager, have dealt with him before, so I know everything would be smooth on that side. You guy got any other suggestions? And the second thing, should do CPA or RevShare? I'm kinda split because i'd be getting a large number of signs up because i'm gonna have a $1000 Prize Pool for the tourney, so that should get the attention of a few kids on campus. I also think I might eventually do a league kind of thing too. In the near future if this is a success I might do the same thing with our rival school which is just down the street and then host a online tourney between the two schools to crown a winner, we should be pretty successful in my opinion if it's all free. Anyway, any help from you guys would be much appreciated. Can't wait to hear what you guys have to say.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2005, 12:43 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

My first reaction is that 1K is a lot ...you would probably get the same response from a $500 freeroll. Split it and do two...
Have the first one and then market...
"Due to the response from the first BCPoker $500 freeroll, we have decided to do another..." Even if the first one is not so successful, you might get more of an emotional response to the second...if they THINK it was a huge success.
Limit the entries, but dont tell them how many it limited to, or at least how many have signed up.

Just a thought.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2005, 06:15 PM
BCPoker BCPoker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7
Default

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll definately thing hard about the stuff you brought up, i think 2 $500 tourneys is a smarter idea. Any ideas about whether to do CPA or RevShare? I'm leaning towards CPA, but i'm not sure. Maybe Stephen could reply and let me know if something can be worked out so the tournies get held at Paradise. Any other comments or suggestions would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2005, 08:17 AM
BCPoker BCPoker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7
Default

bump
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2005, 10:30 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 631
Default

BCPoker,

I would definitely split the freerolls up into smaller tournaments and have more of them. Also, freerolls are great for your players, but don't forget, you want your players to deposit and play for real. That is the only way you will earn. Do not forget about private buy-ins as another alternative.

Do you have an establised base of players already? We may be able to set something up for you at Caribbean Sun Poker. Let me know.

Best Regards,

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2005, 04:20 PM
BCPoker BCPoker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7
Default

I have about 15 or more players already that I know will be part of it, and i'm sure I can get a lot more if I advertise, I just want to have the best launch promotion that will get the most players, and most deposits. CarribeanSun Please email or PM me any details you had in mind, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2005, 04:56 PM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 456
Default

Have any of the college promoters had any success with the "College Poker Championship" promotion done by Fortune Affiliates (ie, royal vegas).

We've had a small banner on one of our college poker sites that gets decent type in traffic and we get a handful of clicks every month, but not one in the past year that we've had the banner up has ever converted for us.

I was just wondering if you guys are utilizing this with any success on yoru college based sites. www.collegepokerchampionship is the promotion i'm talking about.

thx
__________________
J S

The Ron Paul Blimp is flying! History was made on December 16th, Ron Paul raised over 6 Million!


NEW - Sell my Poker Dealer Course, and How to Host a Poker Tournament Guide with ClickBank and make great CPA's paid every 2 weeks. Non-Competitive poker related products help maximize your website traffic!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0