Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2005, 03:50 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

hey guys ok I have access to email everyone in a local college, I have not stolen the access or anything, it is a simple address that you email to and it send a copy to all the students. Now I want to send an email to everyone setting up poker games online and also getting them to use my bonus code when they sign up. How would u guys go about doing this so it would not be considered spam?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:00 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

How does that work?
Be carefull, if they are not opt in, it will be considered spam.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:02 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

opt in?, it is an address in which u send to and then sent to all students, I was thinkin of doing a test, from a hotmail account and checkin if
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:04 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

opt in?, this address I have which u send to and then gets sent to all students, I was thinkin of doing a test, from a hotmail account and checkin if i recieved the email to my school account?

HOW CAN I AVOIDE THE SPAM SITUATION?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-22-2005, 05:53 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

I dont think you can avoid the spam situation by definition...

Unless the people you email expressly asked to be emailed about a specific subject( they OPT IN) anything you send them can be considered spam.

Many (most) of the affiliate EULA's are clear and state that you cannot spam.

If you do, you take the risk of someone( or several who receive this unsolicited email) of contacting the affiliate managers for the rooms you are promoting and accusing you of spamming them.

You then could be dropped from the program.

For me, its not worth even the slightest risk.

A though i would have about spamming a campus...there are most likely a number of affilaites already at work that are students at that campus. If they happen to get a spam email from another affiliate...


Even if you send the email from a web based throw away account...

You still identify yourself in a way because your affilaite code(s) will either be attached to the email or to the site that the email sends people to.( or else the email is useless, correct?)

I am still curious as to how you came across this email address that bombs the entire campus.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2005, 01:32 AM
stasther stasther is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 55
Default

I think I know what you are talking about. It's an email something similar to right? Basically you will not be able to send anything to that address... whenever something is sent to one of those emails it has to be approved by an admin, and obviously they wouldn't approve an email like that.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-23-2005, 10:29 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 631
Default

This sounds risky. I would be careful on this one. Definitely check with the appropriate people to see if this may get you in trouble or not. I would suspect that if the administrators saw this, they may step in with some sort of action. Up to you though.

Good luck.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-23-2005, 11:04 AM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 457
Default

i think this would pretty much be considered spam.... I'd think long and hard before i mass emailed all the students.

If you still plan to try it, you're going to want to do something unique and targeted to the students. Not just some 'click here and get a bonus!'

If I were in college, I'd try to put together a live freeroll and give away some cool prizes.... then I'd try to convert that traffic into joining a private forum and talking/becoming a community. From there you can guide them to play online through your tracker pretty much wherever you want.
__________________
J S

The Ron Paul Blimp is flying! History was made on December 16th, Ron Paul raised over 6 Million!


NEW - Sell my Poker Dealer Course, and How to Host a Poker Tournament Guide with ClickBank and make great CPA's paid every 2 weeks. Non-Competitive poker related products help maximize your website traffic!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-23-2005, 12:06 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 443
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

well thats what i planned on doing js it is true this is risky. Not worth getting caught and loosing everything
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-23-2005, 12:37 PM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 457
Default

good luck man, you should still consider doing something, just find a way to do it without the mass email.
__________________
J S

The Ron Paul Blimp is flying! History was made on December 16th, Ron Paul raised over 6 Million!


NEW - Sell my Poker Dealer Course, and How to Host a Poker Tournament Guide with ClickBank and make great CPA's paid every 2 weeks. Non-Competitive poker related products help maximize your website traffic!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
email spammer AceKicker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 07-10-2006 11:59 AM
Mass email list...help donkey General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-07-2006 12:13 PM
2 New promos to turn on the college crowd! Shenaz AbsolutePoker.com 8 03-02-2006 06:45 PM
Mass Marketing ideas, any that work? kksuited General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 11-29-2005 03:43 PM
New College Site - Looking for Mentor! Karl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 09-09-2005 08:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0