News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lets start a thread for the vetrens of things that you know now that you wished you knew way back when you got into this...........

I'll start:


I wish I knew that buying traffic was a waste of money

I wish I knew that search engine traffic was so important

I wish I knew that a shitty website will not convert traffic no matter what you do

I wish I would have realized how important your aff. managers really are

I wish I realized how important content is

I wish I would have found good mentors earlier

I wish I would have treated my affiliate income like a paycheck


There that pretty much sums up my list..........although I could go on :P It is amazing how much you can learn from mistakes on your way to success. The beauty for you newbs out there is that you can avoid all these mistakes if you emulate what the successful poker affiliates on this board have done and you spend time researching and reading all the posts........even the ones that are from months back.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,093
Default

I wish I would have invented online poker
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-22-2005, 12:08 AM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 969
Default

become an affiliate 4 years ago.
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Not a Player but like to talk gambling , then come visit our Poker Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-22-2005, 02:44 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 461
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Same as above, started earlier instead of faffing around with other low-value online affiliate markets
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Emil Emil is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 88
Default

Why are the affiliate managers so important?
__________________
The Free Poker Room Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2005, 05:19 AM
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 280
Default

I wish I knew how pofitable this could be 3 years ago rather then 2 weeks ago.
__________________
Sell poker videos.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2005, 05:34 AM
Godfather Godfather is offline
I'm a Crook
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default

I wish i knew that i should have not started this in the first place =)

GodFather
__________________
GodFather
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2005, 01:55 PM
EelcoB EelcoB is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12
Default

I am a webmaster for 7 years now, did many things but only started to working on my first poker related website this week, so yes, if I knew poker back then when there were no online poker rooms I wish I would have started one!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2005, 03:13 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,414
Default

I wish I knew my mentor three years ago.

I wish I knew how to keep my shit organized. That includes my content, folders, and more.

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2005, 08:49 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 918
Default

I wish I could whip Jeremy's ass in the next Party Riches tourney! :P
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0