Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-19-2005, 06:33 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 554
Default

It seems that people are having more and more trouble with their poker room affiliate managers lately. Anyone tried to become an affiliate manager with one of these companies?

I know there are alot of people on here who know alot about this business, so I was just curious.

HEll, sometimes a noob like me could do a better job than some of the people I need to communicate with.

Thanks,
SmackDog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-19-2005, 07:04 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,262
Default

Stephen or and AM out there,

Can you answer this for us. What do poker rooms look for? Is it competitive to get the job? Where do you have to work from? Is the compensation pretty good.

Thanks,
Roger
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

Hi Guys

Hard to say what we specifically look for. It's a marketing position, so we woudlbe looking for hard-working marketing/sales personnel, that would enjoy the position.

Location is always going to be an issue - you would never have a Department scatered around the world, so you'd likely need to be whereever the office is.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2005, 11:19 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Default

I think many affiliates would make great AM's. They are self-motivated and know a great deal about the industry already. In terms of getting into the position, I have no idea how many of these rooms hire people. As in the regular business world, many times it's who you know and not what you know.

If you're interested in AM positions, I know there is this company in the UK that is a recruiter for gaming companies. I can not remember what it's called, but if I come across it I'll let you know.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The name of that company is pentasia. I beleive it is http://www.pentasia.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

There is also the Sports recruitment Company:

http://www.sportsrecruitment.co.uk/.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:23 PM
boingboing boingboing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2
Default

I was actually called to an interview by a recruiter for a position as an affiliate manager based upon my posts at a forum for webmasters. This was for Ongame which runs pokerroom.com, unfortunally I didn't get it. After reading this forum it seems as they might have made a mistake, AM at pokerroom.com aren't really held in the highest regards here

Or well, I guess I didn't get it, I haven't got an answer but the interview was a couple of months ago. Guess their recruiting company is as bad as Ongame at PR

This was for their office in Stockholm, Sweden.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-20-2005, 06:32 PM
boingboing boingboing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Whoops, just read the Pokerroom-thread again, and it seems I was wrong in my comment about things at pokerroom. It seems as they've made right choices with their recruitment
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 08:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0