News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 378
Default

I went downtown today to hit the bookstores with the PartyPoker sign up bookmarks I designed and printed out myself when I noticed a bar four blocks from my house has a Texas Holdem Tournament every monday night!

I stopped in to ask how long they've been holding this tournament, and the bartender tells me since new years!

They have a banner outside advertising it and I swear I've walked right past it at least five times without even seeing it. There are a few shrubs growing in front of it.

Moral of the story , keep your eyes open for opportunitys to promote poker in your own backyard!

I'd like your advice, Jeremy and other's, on how I can best take advantage of this.

PartyPoker sent me 10 hats and T-shirts recently so I was thinking of maybe giving a hat and shirt to everyone who makes the final table and spending the night walking around the bar handing out fliers and business cards.

Any other ideas from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
__________________
Affiliate Project X - Killer affiliate tactics for anyone interested in quitting
their day job and becoming a full-time internet marketer.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2005, 12:46 AM
bsgjunkie bsgjunkie is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave@Feb 15 2005, 08:32 PM
I went downtown today to hit the bookstores with the PartyPoker sign up bookmarks I designed and printed out myself when I noticed a bar four blocks from my house has a Texas Holdem Tournament every monday night!

I stopped in to ask how long they've been holding this tournament, and the bartender tells me since new years!

They have a banner outside advertising it and I swear I've walked right past it at least five times without even seeing it. There are a few shrubs growing in front of it.

Moral of the story , keep your eyes open for opportunitys to promote poker in your own backyard!

I'd like your advice, Jeremy and other's, on how I can best take advantage of this.

PartyPoker sent me 10 hats and T-shirts recently so I was thinking of maybe giving a hat and shirt to everyone who makes the final table and spending the night walking around the bar handing out fliers and business cards.

Any other ideas from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
I feel like I have been on an offline high lately. I seem to be coming up with new ideas every other min. Somone please pop my head before it gets too big :P I think Offline will be bug for me, and others. Since its a lot harder to reach a large crowd, and we are all spread out through out the US, I don't have any problem sharing my ideas. If we all share our ideas it'll just mean more money for the rest of us.

There is a bar down the street from me that is doing the same type of thing. What I did was contact owner. I am currently working out a deal to buy coasters with my bonus code and url on them and have him use them throughout the week.

They also have a big tournament every 6th week. I am getting the owner prizes from my affiliate managers such as the hats and shrts you have mentioned, and I am also giving away 3 $50 deposits at the casino of my choice..

The owner doesnt understand how the online affiliate programs work. I dont want him to either. He may start up his own affiliate account. Be very careful with your offline advertising especially when it comes to 3rd party invovlment. Its very easy to be undercut.

Junkie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0