Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 AM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 434
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

I cant believe it, I secured the $25k needed to open my own Poker Room. Before I take this investment on I need some positive feedback. I am going to need quality affiliates and what better place than the here, the best affiliates in the game!

Please give me feedback, all the feedback you think I need to hear. Not to sound desperate but things are in the works right now! I want to open the first poker room utilalizing the wealth of Party Riches affiliates!
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-14-2005, 02:44 AM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 439
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

Just wondering what kind of poker room are u going to open for $25000, poker rooms online with all systems basically everything needed to open up shop ur looking anywhere from 1.5 million -2.5 million
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2005, 03:15 AM
skits2 skits2 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 116
Default

Also you might want to be very very clear of the legality. Most Poker rooms are located out of the U.S. ( i don't know where you are ) If you live in the United States I would be very careful of this. If you live in the U.K. you'll probably be fine
__________________
Free Webpage Templates - free templates to start your site, updated weekly
103 Ways To Get Traffic And Monetize Your Site - Stumped on what to do to improve your site? Look here for some suggestions
Dozens of Webpage Tools - Test your site speed, check your page rank, so who is linking to you, generate **** tags, and more, all from here
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2005, 05:20 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,266
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ICISIC@Jul 14 2005, 01:44 AM
Just wondering what kind of poker room are u going to open for $25000, poker rooms online with all systems basically everything needed to open up shop ur looking anywhere from 1.5 million -2.5 million
who gave you that bid?
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2005, 08:48 AM
pokermonger pokermonger is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 142
Default

Support from any group of people is going to require much more information than you have given us. What network is it going to be on and who is going to run the affiliate program? What % are you prepared to pay? Surely you plan to market it some other way in addition to affiliate marketing and your budget does not look like it would support this. Who will hold the gaming liscence and where will it be located?
__________________
Pokermonger

Online Slots
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

Gpowell

If there is anything that I can do, drop me a line.... I wish you the best of luck!

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 439
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

who gave me that bid, I have spoke with people who have invested in rooms.
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-14-2005, 04:32 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,266
Default

Hmmm? someone got lubed lol

I can get custom software & servers for less than 25k, I've done more than just talk to people.

of course, I'd want a phat escrow account (250k min.) 6months wages for staff & support, decent ad budget etc. yadda yadda yadda!

I could save a ton thru sweat equity also, but its nowhere near what you quoted!

The market looks pretty saturated to me?
It would be a tough row to hoe just starting from scratch
The only way I would go for it is, if it was an existing community taking a leap forward, like what poker.com has done.

Be a pretty scary proposition otherwise IMO.

cheers
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-14-2005, 04:50 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 439
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

listen if you can get one started for 25000 i am in. Put it this way checknraise poker started for $2 million canadian. Its one thing to get software and servers, what about securtiy, a place to hist these servers, a license?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-14-2005, 05:01 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,266
Default

Hey ICISIC,

Devils in the details

I really enjoy my "happy place" & I'd be spending very little time there, if I was to go for something like this lol
It would TOTALLY consume me, so its not on my serious list of things to do at the moment.

Ignorance ain't bliss in business, which is why I've looked into it

A year down the road? I just might be game!

I am going to keep an eye on a few new software projects that I know of though.

Actually, its the advertising budget or lack of, that scares me the most! :unsure:

cheers
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 08:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0